LawSchoolNumbers.com

SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
How accurate do you guys think this site is in terms of people posting their actual UGPA/LSAT score?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited July 2016 8705 karma
    Do you mean "accurate" as in the possibility that people might be misrepresenting their LSAT score or UGPA? Or creating fake accounts to skew the numbers? *Edit* I don't see much of a benefit to gain from this, but it is the internet. Because I think if we assume that people aren't creating fake accounts, the site is a pretty reliable indicator of where your numbers land you. The only discussion into reliability I see here is whether or not the sample size is large enough to extrapolate reliable information from. That can go either way in my estimation. A 2.7/ 178 isn't going to be a data point that we can draw reliable inferences from due to the rarity of those numbers. Something like a 3.4/165 might be something that we can get a firmer grasp on using the site.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8705 karma
    With full disclosure, I have spent wayyyyy too many hours on MYLSN. hahaha
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    My suspicion is that people disappointed with their results are underrepresented.

Careful with these. That's a very deep rabbit hole;)
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm inclined to agree with both @doneill3389 and @"Cant Get Right" . There's really no reason as to why members would misrepresent their results - it's not like the site offers some type of incentive for posting results.
    It's also important to note that people who are ecstatic about getting into one of their top schools are more likely to want to share that information than the "Crap, I didn't get in!" crowd.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah just take the site with a grain of salt. I think it is more useful to track money and withdrawals after acceptances and seat deposits roll in than it is to gain a fully accurate picture of what is happening overall. Furthermore you just don't know what their apps are like aside from their scores and grades so it leaves a lot to be desired.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I was once the Alice of the LSN rabbit hole lol. Thank you all! That pretty much answered it for me :D