Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what was going on with the website today?

lozanojosephlozanojoseph Alum Member
edited June 2013 in Technical Problems 12 karma
Cut into my study plan for Friday night, I was forced to go out and actually have some fun. What was the issue? Will it happen again?

Comments

• Amir ShakoorianAmir Shakoorian Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    I woke up early today to study too and found the website not working... My half-sleep brain began freaking out about what if the website never comes back on. Thanks for fixing it so quickly.
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited June 2013 297 karma
    @Amir ,

I also panicked at 6am today. Asking myself questions like, "did I get scammed?", "were they using LSAT materials without paying LSAC royalties?", "What the hell do I do now?" etc, etc. Hahaha, I'm glad it's back.

@lozanojoseph,

Apparently their host botched up, and from what I read on Facebook, they will be finding a new host, as well as, taking additional action to prevent glitches in the future.

On a different note, congrats on your night of freedom. lol I found supplementary material to review.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma
    Yeah, really sorry guys! Our host... their staggering incompetence.
  • lozanojosephlozanojoseph Alum Member
    12 karma
    Glad to hear its all sorted out.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Here's a simplified recap of what happened in case anyone is interested:

We outgrew our old host (A) and moved onto a better host (B) last fall. On B, the website is much faster and more reliable. They're great! But we still had to keep A around to do one very simple task.

Basically A had to hold a sign that points to B so that people can find 7Sage. Easy right?

On the night of June 14th, instead of holding the sign, A threw our sign in the garbage, and made a new sign that pointed to an advertising site. We asked them to fix it and they told us that they never held the sign, weren't even in charge of holding the sign, and that someone else was holding it. o_O

It took over an hour to convince them that yes, they are in fact holding the sign, and yes it is pointed in the wrong direction.

After they fixed it we pressed them to find out why so that we could prevent it in the future. But they had no clue what happened.

Needless to say, we are going to replace A. We're researching to find a really reliable company, so you all won't have to go through that again. So sorry you weren't able to access the site :(

Thanks for all the supportive and understanding emails. You 7Sagers are the best! :D