Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with future decision!

Matthew524Matthew524 Member
in General 651 karma
So I took my LSAT in September and scored a 158. I registered for the September LSAT and I'm feeling very scared if I should honestly take it. I have been blind reviewing all my precious exams and my BR score varies from 162-165. I honestly just want above a 160 on my actual LSAT. My diagnostic was a 142 and a 16 point increase isn't bad at all. I just want to be able to know if I reschedule my exam till December will I still have a chance of applying to law schools for the Fall 2017 semester.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Taking the LSAT in December doesn't put you at a disadvantage. Even the Feb LSAT is accepted by lots of schools. Don't worry. Take the exam when you're ready.
    11542 karma
    How many fresh PTs do you have left?
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    There are people far more qualified than me to be answering your questions. With that being said:
    1.Yes, with a December exam, you do still have time to apply for the Fall 2017 semester. People do indeed do this.
    2. As far as reaching your score goal on the exam, what is a breakdown of what you are missing? Are you missing more in games than you are in LR? What are you missing during BR? Really looking into what you are missing can shed light on what you need to do to get a few more points.
    3.Congrats on the points increase.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I agree with @montaha.rizeq. If you're stressing about getting applications out early, just make sure everything is ready to send by the time your 160+ score comes in
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Is 1000% correct. I actually emailed Dean Meeker (Former Dean of Admissions for top 10 law school) about this a while ago with the exact concern and this was his reply:

"My advice is to wait and take in December if you're not feeling ready for the September test. BUT -- work on getting your applications completed before then. I'd still submit the applications by Thanksgiving if you can (or at the latest just after the LSAT in those first few weeks of December). I know that it means you'd be submitting applications without knowing your score, but it at that point you're feeling more confident about your score, better to get the apps in before January. The schools will begin processing your application when they receive it, and it will remain incomplete until they receive your score. But at least once they receive the score your application is ready to be forwarded to committee for review. If you wait until January to apply, you're delaying the processing of the application by at least a few weeks. Plus it is right after the holiday break - many admissions offices are closed for the week from Christmas to New Year's - so there is always a deluge of applications and mail when they return, so the processing time is even longer than it is in the fall. The benefit of the higher LSAT score and overall stronger application will outweigh the benefit of an earlier application with a lower LSAT score."

• Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    I have done prep tests 50-73. And 40 and 41. I have every single PT. so I got a good 30 left. @montaha.rizeq. So basically complete the entire application process and send in everything?
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Meeker is with Spivey now in case anyone is interested in usung him. Hes great.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @stepharizona Yes, I should have mentioned that. He absolutely is amazing. I can't afford him or much of anything because I am very poor :( But he gave me some great free advice!
    651 karma
    @David3389 For logic games I miss between 1 to 4 questions. For LR I miss 3-5 (each section) My RC is the worst at 8-11 wrong.
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    So basically complete the entire application process and send in everything?
    Yes but that's if you're taking a last shot at the LSAT for this cycle. You should let the schools know you're retaking the LSAT so they can put your application on hold.
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq how do I do that? Do I have to call up every school?
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    Do I have to call up every school?
    I would assume so, bud. Otherwise they will think the 158 is the score you're reporting with your application.
    11542 karma
    Or you can always email, but I think calling would be safer.
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq thank you so much. I appreciate your help!
    11542 karma
    My pleasure :D