Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Week for September LSAT

Stephanie57049Stephanie57049 Alum Member
edited August 2016 in September 2016 LSAT 69 karma
With the September LSAT knocking on the front door, I planned a week of vacation away from work about 2 weeks before the exam, with the goal of reducing any work-related stress to have better focus. What is the best plan of attack for September studying? Do a few PTs, but nothing too new? Focus on fine tuning reading comprehensive (my lowest scoring area)? Go on vacation, get a great tan, and try not to think about it?

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    What you laid out sounds about right. I'd recommend not focusing on your score as much when taking PTs, you absolutely don't want to see a lower score that gets you rattled right before the exam.

Assuming you've taken the recent PTs, I tend to think retakes are a good idea leading up to the actual test, just to ensure you're riding on maximum confidence.

You're not going to learn/develop new skills in the last 2ish week, so just keep your mind right and kill it on the 24th. Good luck!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    I think the important thing that close to time is to just understand that you're out of time to make significant improvements. The temptation to make some kind of heroic last minute push to produce some kind of movie-ending breakthrough can be really destructive. So just be cool and shift your study strategy away from trying to pick up last minute gains and towards building confidence and staying sharp. That's really all you want to be doing at that point.