Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Item Removed From Scoring Question

ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
in General 233 karma
I have noticed that once every few PTs I take, an answer will be removed from scoring. I was wondering if anyone on 7sage has any insight as to how LSAC determines which questions to exempt from scoring, is any part of this methodology published, are LR questions the only type they exempt etc? I really would just find any additional information about this fascinating so please share!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    To my understanding, this happens when there is a discrepancy found in the answer and someone has challenged it and so when LSAC sees they've erred, that question is removed from scoring and thus removed from the PTs.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    I've seen this on RC and LG. It is my understanding that these are questions that have been thrown out due to being challenged by people who have taken the exam. The following is an excellent article on the matter.

https://lsathacks.com/lsac-responses/

P.S. I love your username.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @David3389 with the links!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @David3389 said:
    I've seen this on RC and LG. It is my understanding that these are questions that have been thrown out due to being challenged by people who have taken the exam. The following is an excellent article on the matter.
    Indeed! Interesting article too!