Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAS

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
When should I make my Credential Assembly Service account? I am taking the September LSAT but may retake in December if I don't get a good LSAT.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @emilycyoung1 said:
    When should I make my Credential Assembly Service account? I am taking the September LSAT but may retake in December if I don't get a good LSAT.
    ASAP is probably best. You need it for your transcripts to be sent and calculated and for LOR, so you might as well just get it now.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Your CAS is good for 5 years, too. @"Alex Divine" is right; the sooner, the better.
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    Transcripts can be sent to and received by the LSAC prior to purchasing the CAS however.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    Your CAS is good for 5 years, too. @"Alex Divine" is right; the sooner, the better.
    Yep and every LSAC purchase extends the time.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @"dytmom_3x" said:
    Transcripts can be sent to and received by the LSAC prior to purchasing the CAS however.
    That's true. I think you can send them, but then they won't calculate your LSAC GPA until you purchase CAS, right?
    @stepharizona said:
    Yep and every LSAC purchase extends the time.
    No way! This I did not know. That is awesome info to have! Thank you.
    1501 karma
    @"Alex Divine" correct, they will not give your transcript summarization until the CAS is purchased.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"dytmom_3x" said:
    correct, they will not give your transcript summarization until the CAS is purchased.
    Alright cool! Thank you for clarifying :)
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    No way! This I did not know. That is awesome info to have! Thank you.
    No Problem Yep, I first got CAS in late 2014 and my last "purchase" was May 16, 2016 and my account expires in May 2021... and I better have graduated, passed the BAR and be practicing by then!
    1501 karma
    Does anyone know how soon after actual purchase of the CAS the academic summary report is available?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Should be a week or so @dytmom_3x
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Should be a week or so @dytmom_3x
    Took forever for me! I think it was the better part of a week if not the whole thing.
    1501 karma
    Wow .. I just purchased it and my academic summary report was ready in like 45 minutes. There is a Degree (Summary) GPA and a Cumulative GPA. Which do I go by for consideration of where I should apply? The cumulative GPA ??