Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC drills and practices?

lilsevenlilseven Free Trial Member
Hi there. I have been working on the LSAT for several months. I have done BRs and drills through PT1-34 and I just started PT from PT35. During the very recent 3 PTs that I have finished, I was able to keep the performance of my LR and LG in the same range with that of my former BRs, -4 to -2 and -1 to 0. However, my RC was very unstable, -8 to -10 and sometimes I could just barely finish reading of the hardest passage and have no time for the last several questions of it. I currently adopt the VIEWSTAMP method from the bible and I dont think it works really well for me. English is not my mother tongue and I dont think I am doing a good job of the so called Active and Structural Reading. Therefore, I am eager for some advice for RC drills and practices, or maybe some other methods that I can learn from to improve my RC performance. Many Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @lilseven said:
    I currently adopt the VIEWSTAMP method from the bible and I dont think it works really well for me.
    Back in another lifetime before 7Sage I had the Bibles and found the RC Bible utterly useless. Not a hyperbole. I think it actually hurt me in some ways because it was so unclear in exactly how to approach the passages.

For RC drills I think doing them untimed helps. Once you do enough untimed you start to be able to anticipate what questions they will ask and where to find the info. After doing the same ones over and over I began to read with a different eye if you will. I'd read a sentence and be like "Yup, they'll probably ask about this...." I would suggest doing untimed RC sections redoing PTs 1-35 RC and trying out 7Sage's Memory method. https://7sage.com/lsat-reading-comprehension-the-memory-method/

:)
  • lilsevenlilseven Free Trial Member
    16 karma
    Thanks a lot Alex. I ll def do that.