Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Improvement Methods

EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
in General 213 karma
Hey all,

I'm about 1.5 weeks away from finishing the CC and (at least according to the study schedule) will begin my PT practices right after that. I'm due to take the LSAT in December. I would say my strongest section is RC and my weakest is by far LG. I don't exactly LOVE the games, but am kind of happy my shit section is one that seems to have potential to be greatly improved upon.

What methods have people used to study the games and improve on them? I was considering going through PTs 1-35 and doing all the games before I even begin the PTs. I don't know if this is a good idea or not though since I'd then lose time before December actually doing the full PTs unless I do one a day (which is definitely doable I don't want to burn myself out). I'm also relocating from the Caucasus back to the US in October so that's also something that will take time away from doing PTs. Thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks all!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I recommend fool proofing all the games from PTs 1-35 first before PT'ing. That is the method that got me from going -18 to -3 on games.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah, you need to run yourself through an LG intensive course at some point after finishing core. Sooner the better, but definitely take PT36 first jus to see where you're at!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @EmmaWI88 trying doing one LG section a day with the fool proof method along with PT or drilling and see how that works for you. Some people work on LG solely for about a month but depending on where you are it might not be enough time for you to get in sufficient PT and BR. Don't focus on the date though. Just make sure you are solid before setting a date. You don't want that added pressure of "being ready" by a certain date.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    I recommend what i did after fool proofing PT 1-35 which was taking them in section format under time and watched J.Y videos again this time primarily for learning time saving strategies he mentions. I improved from -16 to -0.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Get good at splitting into multiple, possible worlds. Many of the tough games practically punish you for not doing so, in my opinion.
  • 131 karma
    Rather than fool proofing all at once, spread out your practice over an extended period of time (say, a week). And drill similar game types; in they end, they really are essentially the same.
  • EmmaWI88EmmaWI88 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Cool! Thanks everyone for your advice. I think I'll do PT 36 to hopefully see an improvement from the June 2007 test and then spend a week or two fool proofing 1-36 games.