deleted

BrumBrum Free Trial Member
edited January 2017 in General 47 karma
deleted

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Take a break, right now. Stop thinking about the LSAT for a few days and go have fun. You need it.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27868 karma
    Agreed with @"Dillon A. Wright" . It's scary so close to time, but you said it yourself:
    It seems the biggest threat to me not hitting my goal score on the 24th is burnout.
    Take a few days off. Relax.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Take a break, right now. Stop thinking about the LSAT for a few days and go have fun. You need it.
    If Dillon says it then you MUST do it.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Pretty much covered. If you feel burnout coming on, step away from the LSAT. Tons of LSATers worry that the time lost from studying will be detrimental to their score. However, a 7-10 point drop due to burn out is far worse than the POSSIBLE (and highly unlikely) 1-2 point drop that you may experience if you choose to take some time off.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    However, a 7-10 point drop due to burn out is far worse than the POSSIBLE (and highly unlikely) 1-2 point drop that you may experience if you choose to take some time off.
    I really agree with this sentiment.

Also, I've only felt the negative effects of burnout once, but when I did and took a few days off, when I came back I had my first -0 on LG. Just a bit of distance from the test was more helpful than ANY amount of studying could have been at that point.

So as someone who feels really guilty when I take a day off from prep, let alone a week, I remind myself that in a way I am "prepping" by not studying. Training to do well on the LSAT can be compared to training for a marathon. And while training for a marathon you can't run EVERY single day and expect to remain healthy. Rest days are needed to allow muscles to rest and repair!

• BrumBrum Free Trial Member
    edited January 2017 47 karma
    deleted
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Some of my best scores have been after breaks so I would say getting recharged trumps all other considerations. Do not worry about 76-78. If you have time to glance at the games to make sure you are comfortable with them then that's cool. But I would not worry about doing them timed unless you feel fresh and excited about it. Get some sleep, get some exercise, eat healthy, and forget the LSAT until you are refreshed. Then do a little bit but not a lot. You want to stay fresh until test day!
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    I'm only doing 1 more full PT between now and game day. It's too late to learn anything new, and it sounds like you've already put in the work and no one can take that away from you. Just take some rest, massage your brain with garbage TV, and keep sharp by lightly drilling.