Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

15 min break strategies

LSAT04164LSAT04164 Alum Member
in General 127 karma
I find myself doing worse on the sections after the 15 minute break. I feel like I get "out of my zone" after going hard on the first 3 sections. Anyone have any strategies to combat this?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    So maybe you're the type that needs to "stay in the zone" during the break. Or at least instead of giving yourself the whole 15 minutes to do other things (use the bathroom, walk around), take the last 5-10 minutes to keep your mind flowing and keep giving yourself mini pep talks without over thinking anything. I saw one guy studying for RC during the break and I thought that was the worst thing you can possibly do to yourself. A part of me wanted to talk him out of doing that but it's pretty much every man for them self during this exam lol; besides I don't think he would have listened. Poor guy, I think about him every now and then. Anyway, my suggest is to do as little as possible during the break but still give yourself a break and hopefully you won't feel like you're out of the zone.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I'm apparently the odd man out on this, but I like to talk to people, lol. It keeps me from getting in my head too much.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Put yourself in Phelps Face mode and just staying in the zone while eating, drinking, and moving around to get the blood flowing. Test taking is such an individual thing. Stay in that zone if it works best for you.