Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quality > Quanity?

J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
edited October 2019 in General 585 karma
Curious to hear everyone's thoughts!

Comments

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    I always prefer thorough BR over rushed BR. I feel like the amount of gains I've made on this test were only due to my ability to thoroughly go over every aspect of my PTs under strict conditions. I wouldn't waste any PTs by taking them under slack conditions.
  • J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma
    draj0623 Good to know! The slack PT was only to get back into the swing of things after a bit of a breather. Strict since then :)
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    edited September 2016 1171 karma
    It of course depends on what you mean by strict BR. There are some questions you have to learn to let go of. If you are STRICT and spend two days on one question trying to gain certainty on it I think you have passed the point of diminishing returns. Quality BR followed by thorough review with the Video Explanations is my preferred method. I know others are more strict than I but I think as long as you find what works for you that avoids the extremes you will do well. Rushing sounds like an extreme that should be avoided.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Agreed with @desire2learn. Personally, i made the mistake of nitpicking over answer choices in medium level MSS question or Method of Reasoning even when it was clear that the correct answer was the best answer and that the standard of precision for those question types is lower than a Must be True. Thorough BR is the way to go definitely. When I geared up for the June Exam, I took 5 to 6 exams a week and did BRs the day of. This method ended up burning me out and I wasnt able to even sleep properly before the exam date. Scaling back my exam schedule (took about 23 in total for this Septemeber take) to 2 to 3 per week gave me time to fully maximize the value I was gaining from review. From this I gained at least a better understanding of how the recent Preptests tends to formulate trap answers which seemed more subtle than past exams, at least for me.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Always better to do less with thorough BR. That is where you're going to make the biggest improvements. More PTS are just serving as diagnostics to see if you actually are improving, but they are not very useful without the accompanying thorough BR.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma
    Quality over quantity. Yes.