Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you still rush through in Q1-10 in LR?

strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
in General 161 karma
So I have heard the first 10 questions are easiest and you should just pick the ans. you think correct without seeing other choices bc correct ans is so obvious...
Is this still true today?
And if so on average how long do you take per question in this range?

Thanks

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @strasvery yeah I wouldn't be too quick to do that. As soon as you get comfortable with that strategy you'll come across one of those questions that may have a trick AC or something. People generally say 10 in 10 or 15 in 15 but I still think you should be paying attention to all the AC. Just my opinion.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, the test does trend easier to harder, but you shouldn't base this strategy on the question number. You should base it on your confidence level. If you're not sure about question one, you should take a little extra time with it. If you're 100% on a late curve breaker, you should pick your answer and move.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Sometimes the LSAT likes to put medium level or curve breaker questions in the first 10 questions to throw off your flow. Dont be caught up with the number that the question is, but rather take each question on a case by case basis. At the very most, you shouldnt spend more than 2 minutes per question. And on average you should be taking one minute and 25 seconds per question
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I think 25 in 25 is a great target to move towards as you get more advanced in your prep but to me that would include questions you have skipped (so you may skip 3 to get to 25 in 25) and it does not include bubbling for me because I do that at the 5 minute warning. This leaves me time for review at the end/finishing the questions I skipped.