Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wear a watch or not?

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
edited September 2016 in General 234 karma
I have never worn a watch or checked on my time when taking a PT. I always thought it would throw me off my game and distract me to check on the time. Now I am taking the LSAT tomorrow and seeing everyone say they're going to wear a watch. Need advice on whether I should go out and buy one or not. Also I feel like my test center may have a clock on the wall. During the LSAT do the proctors write on the board what time we start and stop a section at?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    I wouldn't do anything you haven't been doing in practice. I do think it's beneficial to have a watch, but it also (at least it did for me) takes awhile to learn how to use it constructively. It's really easy to obsess over it, so I wouldn't worry about it. I don't recall if my proctors wrote the time on the board or not. If it were LSAT policy that they do that, I think it would be addressed in the script, which I don't think it is. So they might choose to do so, but I don't think it's a part of a strict administration.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    If you haven't before don't start now
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    It took me SEVERAL PTs to get half proficient with the watch. Skip it.