Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it to re-do RC passages?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Hello,

I was wondering whether it is worth re-doing the same RC passages.
I know some people say re-doing LR questions are beneficial, but is it the same for RC passages?
Or for RC passages, should we put more focus on quantity instead of quality?
(I mean, do more different RC passages instead of re-do the same ones...)

Thanks!

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Re-doing RC is fine as long as enough time has gone by so that you do not remember all of the answers and trap answers. If you are simply testing whether you remember the answers then I do not think you are getting maximum benefit. But if it has been two months since you did PT 41 and you missed 8 questions on it, then go back and re-do it to see how it goes the second time. Each learner is a little different so if you try it and find it to be a waste of time just stop. But I think it could definitely be beneficial for you especially if you are trying to save fresh PTs.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, I've found retaking RC sections to be really valuable. On retakes, I always felt like I was looking behind the curtain and exposing exactly what the test makers were really up to. Great excercise.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, I've found retaking RC sections to be really valuable. On retakes, I always felt like I was looking behind the curtain and exposing exactly what the test makers were really up to. Great excercise.
    Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I think re-doing RC and LSAT questions in general are the best way to practice and get good at the test. The first time through you are concerned with your PT score and getting the questions right. The second time doing them you can really focus on your process and like @"Cant Get Right" says, "expose what the test takers are up to."

• Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Thanks!
    I think more recent ones actually resemble the actual one too, so I think I'll re-do some of them...