Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on doing the LSAT Trainer and 7Sage simultaneously?

thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 1363 karma
Hey everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm planning to enroll with 7Sage imminently. Excited for the journey!

I have a copy of Mike Kim's Trainer and I was wondering if it's a good idea to incorporate it along with 7Sage's Core Curriculum.

Should I do one before the other instead? Does it even matter?

Additional info: I plan on taking the LSAT in September of next year

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Welcome aboard!!!! It's good to do one at a time. I actually read the trainer before enrolling with 7sage but now that I'm redoing the core curriculum, I will be technically starting with 7sage and finishing up with the trainer. It's such a superb book.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @thisissparta said:
    This is my first post here. I'm planning to enroll with 7Sage imminently. Excited for the journey!

Hey Dude,

Welcome to 7Sage :)

I actually wondered the same thing when I first started 3 months or so ago.

Here is the thread and the wonderful answers from Sages and mentors I received:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8044/how-would-the-sages-recommend-i-incorporate-the-lsat-trainer

I think the consensus was that doing one at a time seems to be the better way. Of course, there is more than one way to skin a cat. I personally think you get more from doing one at a time. This way you can give 100% to each and appreciate the subtle differences in approach to see what actually works for you. If you are doing them both simultaneously it could be hard to distinguish what is/isn't working for you - or if you need a different approach.

Both 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer are amazing though - so you've made an excellent choice!

Happy Prepping!

• CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    476 karma
    I personally finished 7Sage core curriculum first and then read the trainer during my PT process. It works well for me.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @CocoZhang said:
    I personally finished 7Sage core curriculum first and then read the trainer during my PT process. It works well for me.
    I like this approach and will probably pick The Trainer back up soon after I am done with the CC and while I begin Pt'ing.
  • ChrisN21ChrisN21 Alum Member
    112 karma
    I began with the Trainer and am now in the process with 7Sage. Though the Trainer is amazing, 7Sage allows for an enhanced visual illustration when you do not fully understand a section (with an occasional StarWars reference). In retrospect, I would have completed the basic fundamentals from each prep source consecutively, and then tackle the PT's. This, perhaps, will give you a broader and clearer perspective.

Whichever method you decide, you have the best two resources at your side. Not to forget the wealth of knowledge from 7Sagers.
  • thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited October 2016 1363 karma
    Thanks a bunch for your replies, everyone!

I think I'll finish 7Sage's CC first, and then go over the Trainer (hopefully it doesn't take longer than a month or two) before I start doing PTs.

Side note/question: What if I were to do a few PTs within that 1-2 month span allocated for going over the Trainer? Or should I save PTs until I finish learning the fundamentals of both courses/approaches?

I ask this because 7Sage's study schedule recommends that I start PT-ing by sometime in late Jan. Thoughts on PTing while reading the Trainer?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @thisissparta said:
    Or should I save PTs until I finish learning the fundamentals of both courses/approaches
    I plan on PTing while reading the trainer as well...I think it should be fine because the trainer will be there to reinforce more than teach if that makes sense.