Difference in pt 76&77

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma
Did anybody else think that 77 was light-years easier than 76? Some people that I have talked to have said that 76 was easier but I do not see that at all. The games on 77 were much easier. Also, on 77 you had easier concepts like casual reasoning that were stressed

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    the definition of easier is very vague, as all of us have different weaknesses and strengths
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    the definition of easier is very vague, as all of us have different weaknesses and strengths
    Second this. My personal ratings of things are sometimes similar to the 7sage rating and sometimes vastly different. Everything is easy when you know what it is getting at/what the answer is. But if you aren't seeing it, man does it seem tough (even if "most" others find it easy).
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    easier is very vague, as all of us have different weaknesses and strengths
    Yeah. Some tests just exploit our weaknesses or play to our strengths. I know that I am not the strongest when it comes to grouping games, so sections with less of them tend to feel "easier" for me.

It is all relative.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    @"Alex Divine" I agree, I have used Powerscore and they prepare you for grouping games quite well, as well as causal reasoning
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    @"Alex Divine" I agree, I have used Powerscore and they prepare you for grouping games quite well, as well as causal reasoning
    Yeah, I used PS LG Bible before I began 7Sage. And while I prefer 7Sage much more over PS LGB, I think it gave me a strong foundation for 7Sage to build upon. For some reason the LGB approach to grouping didn't work well for me. Same with casual reasoning, although I don't feel like I made significant improvements until I revised JY's lessons on conditional logic.

I haven't done any of the 70s PTs yet, so I'm looking forward to actually eventually checking out 76 vs. 77.

Are you taking in December, Combsni?
    652 karma
    @"Alex Divine" I am, hopefully, I dont see a drop off from my PT
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    @"Alex Divine" I am, hopefully, I dont see a drop off from my PT
    Ok cool! If you have entered the 70s and haven't seen too much of a drop, you should be ok. Besides, you were smart to give yourself a couple of months at least to adjust to them if you haven't already.

I'm sure whenever you decide to take it, you are going to destroy the test! :)
    652 karma
    @"Alex Divine" My range on newer tests seem to be around 170-172 but on the old Feb tests, 165-169. I am lucky to have some pretty good EC's and LOR's so I am going to build there
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    @"Alex Divine" My range on newer tests seem to be around 170-172 but on the old Feb tests, 165-169. I am lucky to have some pretty good EC's and LOR's so I am going to build there
    Awesome! If you're doing well on the newer tests then you'll likely do well on the actual test because it will likely be more similar!