Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Trainer Question

KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
in General 984 karma
I am done with the curriculum, though I am sure I will revisit it. However, I was planning on going through the LSAT trainer first before doing more PTs. My question is if anybody did that already, did you see your score improve after LSAT trainer?

Comments

• Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    I think it depends on your timescale. I purchased both the 7Sage Ultimate package and the LSAT Trainer 3 months before my LSAT, and with the limited time I had to review, didn't feel as if the LSAT Trainer contributed too much to my studies. I skimmed roughly 200 pages of the LSAT Trainer, and since the book assumes you've never taken an LSAT course before, there was far too much rehash of "core LSAT concepts" already covered in the 7Sage curriculum.

That said, if you have roughly a year to prep, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check out what the LSAT Trainer had to offer.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I agree with the above with the caveat that if you feel rushed during your prep, you shouldn't take the test. Sit for it when you are 100% percent ready and are scoring in the

As for The LSAT Trainer, I think it is a great prep tool. Almost everyone who has used it including me will tell you it is great for LR and RC. But 7Sage is much better imo for the analytical reasoning section.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    i am planing on september and need to score in high 160s. i am currently averaging 154.
    still some room to improve logic games. i am done with curriculum and i do know how to improve my score from now on.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    i am planing on september and need to score in high 160s. i am currently averaging 154.
    still some room to improve logic games. i am done with curriculum and i do know how to improve my score from now on.
    So you have 11 months to gain 6 points! I think that is super doable. If you have room to improve on LG, I would start there. May I suggest a logic games intensive? Basically taking a month of a so to dedicate entirely to games. That is what I am doing now and I'm getting a lot better everyday at games.

Other than LG, what do you find your other weak areas are?
    984 karma
    @"Alex Divine" at least 6 points, i am aiming high 160s ideally 170. I will definately drill logic games from pt 1-35. I found frustrating that there are no explanations for LR for those tests as i wanted to drill LR by question type, and I do not know how to do it exactly.
    but yeah, there is need for a lot of improvement in all areas, LG is the best so far score wise, i probably miss 5 on LG as of right now (missed 6 on LG on September LSAT with that virus game)

On september LSAT:
    -11 LR
    -8LR
    -6 LG
    -12 RC
  • lawlawlovelylawlawlovely Alum Member
    52 karma
    I read the LSAT trainer cover to cover after finishing the 7sage curriculum. While lots of it is repetitive, it offers different approaches to various question types than those presented in the 7sage course. I found many things clicking after reading the trainer. In my opinion, it is definitely a worthwhile supplement to 7sage.
  • 194 karma
    Highly recommend the trainer
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2016 4141 karma
    @"Alex Divine" and @"Wind-Up Bird" really hit the nail on the head--don't rush your prep. I second what @lawlawlovely said as well---the LSAT trainer can definitely reinforce the lessons from 7sage. That said the Trainer is really great at helping one read globally and make note of certain things in the RC passages. I used the trainer to help with my RC score. Using the trainer and 7Sage's memory method, I went from -9 to -3 in an RC section within a few weeks.
    984 karma
    @nessa.k13.0 thank you for your input