Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake in December?

mother of dragonsmother of dragons Alum Member
in General 7 karma
I just got my September scores back, and I made a 165. My average PT was 168 (range of 167-169), and I really feel like I could bump my score up to at least a 167. I kind of panicked on test day and it really threw me off.

For reference, I have a 3.79 GPA, and I don't really have any super high goals as far as T14 or anything. I'm comfortable with my score for admissions to the schools I'm aiming for, but I'd like to increase it for financial aid awards. Is it foolish to think that 2-3 points will make a significant difference for scholarships?

I'm leaning heavily toward retaking in December, even if it's just to prove something to myself. However, I would really like to get my app in now rather than wait until January. Can I apply with my current score and supplement later just for financial aid? Or should I hold off on applying until January?

Comments

• solkriossolkrios Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    @"mother of dragons" I'm thinking about doing this (applying now, supplementing for finances later). I have 3.9 GPA from top 30 school, but seem to struggle with the LSAT on test day. I practice at 168-174, but got160 twice on test day. I think its nerves... I'm surprised, really. Doesn't make sense, but anyways, I'm in the same boat, of wanting to know if I should take again. If you're not looking for T14 and have a good resume, etc. I'd say apply and supplement later, for scholarships. I think others would disagree in saying you should wait until you get your ideal LSAT, but I don't see the harm in applying now if you're already within a good GPA/LSAT range for your ideal schools.
  • YesSarahYesSarah Alum Member
    137 karma
    With a 165 I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible for some great scholarships, especially if you're not looking to get into a T14 school.