Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when did you start taking full timed PTs?

jayc1993jayc1993 Member
in General 96 karma
i was wondering how far out from your scheduled testing date did you guys start taking full timed tests?

i anticipate a few more months of drilling and other exercises which i believe will leave me with 2.5 months to take prep tests 50-79. i fear 2.5 months is too little time to take the tests, review, and act accordingly.

what do you guys/girls think?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    When did I, or when should I have?

Don't take any PTs until you've finished the curriculum. A few of the Mentors here seem to be really good at answering this question... (*ahem* @"Cant Get Right" and @"Alex Divine").
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2016 23929 karma
    @jayc1993 said:

i anticipate a few more months of drilling and other exercises which i believe will leave me with 2.5 months to take prep tests 50-79. i fear 2.5 months is too little time to take the tests, review, and act accordingly.

what do you guys/girls think?
    Haha, yup. As @danielznelson says, I have plenty experience with this question because I myself tried to rush to PT'ing only to find I was woefully unprepared.

First, I would make sure you give yourself ample time to finish the core curriculum.

Second, I do think, at lease for most people, that 2-months is generally too little time to truly do some 30 tests w/ proper blind review. I think 1-2 tests per week is optimal; 3 tests being the most I'd endorse.

• Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @jayc1993 I think others have answered your question I just want to add after finishing core curriculum you should take at least one timed PT to find your weaknesses. In two months and half if you are studying full time for LSAT you can properly take and BR two PT per week.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I gave myself somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 months for my PT phase. PTing/BRing really is just kind of the tip of the iceberg of what you're going to be doing, assuming you're doing it right. You're going to be exposing so many weaknesses in your abilities, and to improve you've just got to take the time between PTs to address them. If you do manage to get through that many PTs in 2.5 months, it will necessarily come at the expense of taking the time to address the fundamental issues that each PT exposes. That's not an expense most of us can afford.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Not Ralph Nader" said:
    after finishing core curriculum you should take at least one timed PT to find your weaknesses
    Yup, totally agree.
  • jayc1993jayc1993 Member
    96 karma
    i was thinking about completing the curriculum but saving the drilling for the time in spent in between doing full timed practice tests.
    so for example, i would complete the lessons throughout the curriculum but not do all of the question sets.
    after i finish the curriculum i would take timed practice tests and in between doing the practice tests, BR the test but also drill various question types.

what do you guys and girls think?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @jayc1993 said:
    i would complete the lessons throughout the curriculum but not do all of the question sets.
    after i finish the curriculum i would take timed practice tests and in between doing the practice tests, BR the test but also drill various question types.
    Sounds like an excellent plan.
  • jayc1993jayc1993 Member
    96 karma
    great. thanks everyone.