Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is It Possible?

LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
in General 236 karma
Hello everyone, I hope the last LSAT administration went well for everyone. I was actually scheduled to write for the December administration but decided to postpone for the 3rd time to Feb 2017 because I was not confident I would reach my goal of 165+ by December. I took a PT two months ago(my 7th) and scored a 160 and decided that I did not want to see another score in the 150's so for the two months after that I drilled like a mad man and even Fool Proofed all games from PT's 1-50(doing 1-35 twice with a 3 week spread in between). I took another PT two months later yesterday and finished BRing and graded it to see that I had gotten a 164(BR score 177). I told myself that if I scored at least a 163 on this PT, that my new goal for the Feb 2017 LSAT would be a 170 because well....why not? lol. Long story short, I guess my question is, with only about 8 weeks and 12 PT's left, I know it'll be a real challenge but is it possible to jump those 6 points and get that 170 by test day? Just wanted some feedback(and I guess some, "you can do its") lol.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @LSATShinobi said:
    I guess my question is, with only about 8 weeks and 12 PT's left, I know it'll be a real challenge but is it possible to jump those 6 points and get that 170 by test day? Just wanted some feedback(and I guess some, "you can do its") lol.
    It's possible, but it is going to be hard. I say this because from my experience, the jump from the mid-160s to the 170s tends to be the jump that takes the longest for preppers. The points become increasingly hard to get when you pass the 165-166 range.

You can do it though! a 170 is an exceptional score and to earn it, you'll have to work exceptionally hard. I believe in you. Just be ready to postpone if that's your new goal and you don't reach it by Feb.

Good luck!
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks for the input. Yeah I've read that the 160's is the toughest to make that jump which is why I'm a little nervous seeing as how the clock is now really ticking.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    If you are at a 177 BR level then I think you can definitely get there. But nothing is guaranteed. You will have to earn it. It sounds like you need to get much better at your timing strategies. Watch the webinar on skipping. Learn to not check more answer choices when you know the right one. Learn how to hunt for the right answer choice on certain types of questions. These kinds of skills are vital.
    236 karma
    @desire2learn well I don't even really know if I really even am at the 177 BR level because that was the first time I'd ever gotten a Br score that high. And out of my 8 PTs only 7 and 8 were in the 160s.(160 and 164 respectively with 170 and 177 corresponding Br scores). I guess that's why I'm still nervous about it. With timing you're completely right. I'm definitely still having trouble finishing each section. Really trying to find ways to cut down as much as possible without taking an accuracy hit. But thanks for the vote of confidence I will definitely keep working!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27841 karma
    Like @"Alex Divine" said, it's a really difficult jump to make. But like @desire2learn said, your numbers are really encouraging. You definitely need to look at developing some high level pacing strategies. That could go a long way towards bridging that gap. It sounds like you know the test, now you need to learn how to execute a take efficiently. PM me if you'd like; I'd be happy to meet up and go over some basics.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I understand. Just because you BR a 177 once doesn't mean that is necessarily a "true" reading of where you are at. You will find that your PT scores show the same variation. Some tests play to your strengths and some expose LOTS of weaknesses. Getting a 172 (with a 176 BR) one time doesn't mean you are not capable of getting a 162 the next time. Just keep working on skills, skills, skills. Everything from individual question types to broad strategies. They are all important. You should definitely take up @"Cant Get Right" on his offer. The man knows his stuff.
    236 karma
    @desire2learn I completely agree. Thank you for the advice! and @"Cant Get Right" I will definitely take you up on your offer. I just Pm'd you.