Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Anyone Done This? Registered Twice?

Sorry for the click-bait title.. But I was wondering if anyone has taken a test and went ahead and registered for the next test while they waited for their test results?

To be more specific: I have just taken this December 2016 LSAT, and I am thinking of registering for the February 2017 LSAT because I want to enroll in law school fall 2017. I know if I took prep-tests all throughout this month and next month then I will be set for confidently scoring high enough to get into Emory with my GPA and resume. I just froze on the logic games portion on the December test because I forgot how to set-up the game board for two games.. I didn't have enough time or energy to practice the foul-proof method during the semester, so I'm beating myself up for that... However, now that I am on Christmas break and done with the 10-hr internship plus work 25 hours a week and five classes, I have SOOOOO much more free-time and focus. With my schedule it took me 5-7 damn months to finish the freaking 3 month curriculum because I took my time with learning everything (even though I watched everything on 2x+), and I honestly didn't have enough time to take like any practice tests, BUT when I did a blind review with my friend I was getting everything right, and I passed out and woke up and took the LSAT the next day (sounds horrible I know).

I need at least a 165, and I have talked to Emory officials, and they stated that they only look at the highest LSAT score. So with that being said, would y'all recommend me registering for the Feb exam and taking serious practice tests until Jan 4th when the scores are released..? I also talked to an LSAT official, and they said they would refund my entire $180 if I emailed them my situation that I am content with my December score. IDK, IDK WHY I AM SO LOST.... I get anxiety when I see everyone set and here I am all late n'shit. I haven't even started my application process or anything.........fjdngdjf;s

Thanks in advance for responding. <3

Comments

• torontonbtorontonb Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I'm in the same boat and did register for both. I would recommend you avoid thinking about the money (if you can) and register. In the mean time continue doing timed tests and wait to hear back!
  • @torontonb Ahh yeah, I don't even know why I was so concerned about the money anyways, thanks for the response! :)
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    @"tiffany barragan" said:
    I get anxiety when I see everyone set and here I am all late n'shit. I haven't even started my application process or anything.........fjdngdjf;s
    Don't worry :) Not everyone is all set! I'm in the same position as you and am probably just going to push my application cycle back.

As for your applications, you should balance studying + working on your applications from now until the Feb administration. You can get a lot done in this time and be ready to submit when the time comes.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    @torontonb said:
    I would recommend you avoid thinking about the money (if you can) and register.
    Agreed. Best move is to register and then withdraw if it turns out you don't need the take. I think LSAC will even extend the refund date for people waiting for scores. I'm not positive on that, but I think that's what they did for September testers who registered for December.

Are you for sure applying this cycle? You've still got time, I just see potential glimpses of myself from a year ago in your situation. Looking back now, there was no way I was going to make that application cycle. I was stubbornly determined anyway, and I wasted 2 of my LSAT takes before I was ready. So if I had it to do all over again, I'd forego my later LSAT. I wouldn't have gotten my applications in anyway, so all I ended up doing was crippling my potential for this cycle. At the LSAT level I ultimately got to, having an extra take would have been an enormous advantage, and I totally squandered that.

So, if you're starting to feel overwhelmed by the prospects of completing your apps this cycle, and if you're not entirely happy with where you are with the LSAT, and if it's an option to delay a cycle, maybe think about that.
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    i registered for the february test as well and i did the december accommodated test. i was doing well on the test until i got to the games section and pretty much froze, only answering 13 of the questions. i would have gotten in the low 150s im sure but its not good enough. it sucks :(. i wonder if i have to reapply for accommodations again or just call them
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    That's the beauty of the Feb test. You can withdraw after receiving your Dec score, and receive a full refund.
    I intend on doing the same.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @rakinalikhan said:
    i was doing well on the test until i got to the games section and pretty much froze, only answering 13 of the questions.
    something similar happened to me. but i filled every bubble. did you? hoping my guesses bring in the marks to get at least a 70% in that section
  • @"Cant Get Right" I value your insight, thanks for the comment! I have been considering if I need to push back my application process for the next cycle...

Also, the evening after I wrote this post I spoke with my school's career service advisor, and she happily agreed to work with me very closely this Christmas break to build my resume, personal statement, diversity statement, etc. I also have an acquantaince in Emory's admissions office who said she would give me advice if my statements etc. are what Emory is looking for. I'm sure there's more aspects to this application process, but I barely got a break from school two days ago, so I'm gonna work my ass off to hopefully feel better about the application process/Feb's (possible) LSAT and make it in this cycle...... But I will still keep your experienced words in my head to keep me level-headed... D:
  • @MrSamIam my next actions literally depend on this Dec. score... Like Jan 4th couldn't get here sooner...... so I'm just going occupy my time by refreshing for Feb's exam.
  • edited December 2016 49 karma
    @rakinalikhan I was doing well until I noticed I forgot to take time and set the rotating bezel on my watch on multiple sections..... Having the break also killed me because I came back SUPER unfocused and unable to comprehend the passage/stimulus for the LR section. I powered through it and answered all the way up to 20 and bubbled the rest in.

Also, I don't know why I kept wasting my time trying to figure out the harder games on the LG section because when I finally finished, I saw a super easy game that I could have easily completed, but I barely had 5 minutes left. I know I could have finished that easy game, but my brain was distracted by the ticking time that I froze.

I feel like if I avoid these dumb mistakes I made for my Feb exam+using Christmas break to take timed tests then I should be set.