Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanna take another LSAT, running out of PT!!

KevinA14KevinA14 Alum Member
in General 71 karma

Hello,

So I took the February 2018 LSAT but I am anticipating to retake it this June.

I think I did well (probably around 168-173), but I think I can do better next time.

That being said, I think I currently only have 5 full PT left. Usually my study consist of mostly doing full PT and BRing.

I haven't done PT 1-35, although obviously I have done many of the QS from the curriculum and the LG drill.

My last 5 PT averages are 171.

Any tips as to how I can improve my score on my June LSAT?

Thanks!

Comments

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I would suggest saving those until right before your retest. If you test in June, reuse sections and tests until beginning of may, then switch to fresh tests.

You can still improve your skills with old materials, but you definitely want to be used to foreign material on test day. The mental strain and stress is greater and you want your final prep to mirror test day as much as possible.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Reuse materials. I'm sure there's a ton of 'old' LSAT material your brain will still find useful.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I am going to recommend listening to this webinar by Accounts Playable.

He was in a similar situation as you and outlines a really good strategy for reusing materials and improving on them first. He would only use the new PTs when he felt he had conquered all his issues on retakes and needed to test how he was doing on a brand new PT. He ended up scoring a 174.

Good luck. :smile:

• lTexlawzlTexlawz Free Trial Member
    277 karma

@KevinA14 I am sure you did well. Don't fret. You will get into a good school. I am sure that your February 2018 score is good. Be patient and wait. Slow down and breath. Now, it is time to wait and be patient. There is an ancient saying "A flower that is rushed to open before ready won't blossom. When it ready to open, then, it is ready show the world its beauty" You should have more faith in yourself and wait. You may be surprised and get a great score. Time should be your greatest friend by waiting.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Save those fresh preptests. I would just redo older exams that you haven't seen in a while.

• KevinA14KevinA14 Alum Member
    71 karma

@Sami said:
    I am going to recommend listening to this webinar by Accounts Playable.

He was in a similar situation as you and outlines a really good strategy for reusing materials and improving on them first. He would only use the new PTs when he felt he had conquered all his issues on retakes and needed to test how he was doing on a brand new PT. He ended up scoring a 174.

Good luck. :smile:

Thank you for the advice!

• KevinA14KevinA14 Alum Member
    71 karma

@LSATSniper said:
    @KevinA14 I am sure you did well. Don't fret. You will get into a good school. I am sure that your February 2018 score is good. Be patient and wait. Slow down and breath. Now, it is time to wait and be patient. There is an ancient saying "A flower that is rushed to open before ready won't blossom. When it ready to open, then, it is ready show the world its beauty" You should have more faith in yourself and wait. You may be surprised and get a great score. Time should be your greatest friend by waiting.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!