Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much time to take off between work and law school?

paralegaltolawyer3paralegaltolawyer3 Free Trial Member
edited March 2018 in General 80 karma

I work full time managing a law firm. Trying to decide how much time is a sufficient mental break before starting school. Is two weeks too short? I think the earliest I could stop working is early July. My office is great and fairly stress free, but I just want to be able to hit the ground running come August!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Oh how I wish I had an answer for this haha

I also work full-time. Idk where I will be going yet. Many of the schools require me to move a long distance away. I want a break of time between work, and moving, to get my life in order. It's actually pretty stressful!

I feel your pain, and wish I had a better answer for you.

(In my opinion two weeks is way to little - give yourself a month if you can ;) )

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@paralegaltolawyer3 said:
    I work full time managing a law firm. Trying to decide how much time is a sufficient mental break before starting school. Is two weeks too short? I think the earliest I could stop working is early July. My office is great and fairly stress free, but I just want to be able to hit the ground running come August!

Give yourself a month--live on the edge.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think it'll be a while before I can actually make solid plans like these, but gosh I plan on maybe just 2 weeks. I'll have to move but need as much cash as I can get before hitting the road. Don't want to cut off my income any sooner than I have to!

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

I'm giving my two weeks notice pretty about two weeks before the first day of class.

• paralegaltolawyer3paralegaltolawyer3 Free Trial Member
    80 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I think it'll be a while before I can actually make solid plans like these, but gosh I plan on maybe just 2 weeks. I'll have to move but need as much cash as I can get before hitting the road. Don't want to cut off my income any sooner than I have to!

That's my same issue! I'm super torn. It's always nice to have a little extra time to save more.