Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sharing results..

AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
in General 2689 karma

I had mentioned on a few forums that I'd share my results with ya'll when I got through the CC and did another PT. Well, I had a busy weekend and didn't get to the PT until pretty late yesterday; I did it anyway.
5 point improvement.
I just need another 2 or 3 points to get into where I need to be. I have till June.
I am both happy and depressed by this. I was really hoping I'd be much farther along, but I am happy that I have improved some in such a short time. Maybe after a few more PT's and some study on where I went wrong, I can get up just a little more.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Keep in mind that there is a margin for error on anyone test. There is a decent chance you could have scored 2 or 3 points higher or lower on either test purely by chance.

So you could either have made less progress than you think or already be nearly to your goal. The best way to tell is more PTs.

How did the blind review go?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    Keep in mind that there is a margin for error on anyone test. There is a decent chance you could have scored 2 or 3 points higher or lower on either test purely by chance.

So you could either have made less progress than you think or already be nearly to your goal. The best way to tell is more PTs.

How did the blind review go?

2-3 points higher on Blind review. Granted, I was blind reviewing at around 11pm or so last night, so maybe this test was not a good indicator? Will know with more PT's.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

5 points is really good!! I think I only improved like 3 or 4 at the end of the cc and wanted to rage throw my computer out a window. It also took a while for my scores to be consistent, I yoyo'd up and down a lot right after the cc. But after keeping my head down and working and working, the consistency came, along with steady improvement.

Keep your chin up, it's cliche but - it's a marathon, not a sprint! It can take a while to see that consistent improvement, but a 5 point jump post-cc says that you are getting there.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    788 karma

That's awesome! I didn't do a fully scored PT for a long time after the CC, but my score only got better on LG and dropped in both of the other sections afterwards (they've more than rebounded since). It can take months and months to really reap all the benefits of the CC, so definitely stay optimistic!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

A 5 points increase is legit, especially for the first PT out of the CC. I would be over the moon if I saw that type of increase from my pre-CC average. You'll most likely get a couple of more points just from getting back into the PT habit as well. Absolutely no reason for disappointment there.

Congratulations!

2689 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    5 points is really good!! I think I only improved like 3 or 4 at the end of the cc and wanted to rage throw my computer out a window.

LoL! I know that feeling. I was like "Really? That's it?" I mean.. I'm happy to see some improvement, and I'm close to where I need to get, but it wasn't what I was really wanting and hoping for.

Upon reviewing today, I do think the lateness of taking the test did cost me a bit. On at least one question I reviewed today, I was wondering what the hell I was doing, because my answer was obviously stupid. Ah well. Live, learn, practice. With a few more PT's, I'll have much better analytics, and then can focus better.
    I wish I had a few more months, but it is what it is. I can always retest later, delay another year even, but I really hope it doesn't come to that. 16 cr. hour semester starts this Fall :disappointed: I am so ready to be done with this part.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I think we're always so eager to prove to ourselves that our effort has been worth it, sort of an instant gratification. First of all, congrats on any kind of improvement! It definetly should be celebrated. I wouldn't get too depressed yet because you still have time to reach your target score, which I think you stated was another 2 or 3 points higher and that's definetly achieveable. When we first finish the CC, there's still so much we haven't been exposed to! Switching from different LR question types, doing entire games sections timed, doing RC timed, mixed difficulty questions. As well as employing a good skipping strategy and reaping the benefits of the blind review.

edited April 2018 2689 karma

Update: Just did PT 38 today (I apparently did not print 37 at work and therefore skipped one. Doh). I was sure I did terrible. The room I was in was noisy due to the extremely high winds -- 60+ mph gusts. (word of advice: dont pick the room under the vents).
    I hadn't really eaten or had anything to drink at that point. I even missed the last page of questions in section 4 entirely. I felt so dumb. I was sure this was going to be one of those ones I'd just burn after the fact and consider it a bad day.

Scored 160. BR 166. That's an improvement over last by +1 on score, and +4 I think on BR.

I'm excited about this. I really think maybe I might be successful in June's test. :smiley:

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Congrats!!

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    844 karma

You can always take it in September when you have fully prepped and have taken enough PTs with BR.

Good luck!!

2689 karma

Yeah. As much as I'd hate to, I can always retake. Would rather not drag this out even longer though if I can help it. :smiley: