Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next step

LsatkayyLsatkayy Alum Member
in General 162 karma

After a diagnostic exam, what is the next step? Blind review? Cry? Sleep? Throw your prep books away? We the people want to know

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    edited May 2018 782 karma

Don't get discouraged and remember it's a learnable test! Jump into the Core Curriculum and hold off on more tests until you finish.

Edit
    (I just saw your account says alum, sorry if you didn't mean first diagnostic!)

• LsatkayyLsatkayy Alum Member
    162 karma

I meant the diagnostic. More so taking the test after months of no LSAT ( three to be exact)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Remember help is available. Probably BR it, then review, then start or restart the CC.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Did you have a small or unimpressive improvement? We have a club going. Apparently, we need to buy jackets :lol:

Seriously, I only gained a couple points and was like "Wtf.. But I know stuff now!".
    It's the practice and review and studying after that you start seeing more gains. It's slow. And tedious. You know the lessons, but doing them under time and pressure kinda kills things. Also, you may think you understood the lessons, and the PT's show you that you didn't quite get it. Go back over them. That's okay. It happens.
    And always do a thorough Blind Review. Take your time, and really tackle the questions. A BR should take you longer than the test if you are going over a lot of questions (I BR all my questions, not just the circled ones. Sometimes, I find blind spots). If your BR is better, it shows the lessons are sticking, and it's just the time and pressure you have to overcome. And that comes in practice.

I am in a boat just a little farther ahead of you right now. Hang in there. Try not to set anything on fire just yet. <3

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Also, a good cry in between the PT and the Blind Review is totally acceptable. You don't need to immediately BR right after, when your brains are falling out through your nose still from thinking for 3.5 hours solid.