Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to list UG Scholarship on Resume?

Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member

Hi all! As I'm working on my resume for applications, I was wondering if anyone had some advice about how to list my UG merit based scholarship. It has a specific name (Coronat Scholar) and with came with full tuition; only about 15 people per year receive it. I'm wondering if it would be better to just simply list "Coronat Scholar" or include some elaboration in a bullet point (like full tuition scholarship). Just not sure if thats considered tacky or if thats actually helpful information to an admissions officer. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited October 2018 1804 karma

Elaborate in a bullet point under the "Education" or the "Honors" section.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Ditto to the above. Never assume what the adcoms know, especially if it is a chance to display something as shiny as you describe.

• Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member
    26 karma

Great, thank you both!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Pretty much how I have it in mine. I actually have a section under education for awards. I'm a bit of an overachiever. :blush:

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3652 karma

Name of school
    -Coronat Scholar - awarded full tuition for 4 years for academic excellence
    -Deans list, 4 semesters

And so on

• Lynn_SATLynn_SAT Alum Member
    26 karma

Thank you for the responses!

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    edited October 2018 231 karma

Hello! Sorry to tack on to this thread, but I also had a UG Merit Scholarship but it was just a half tuition (basically). Should I just put

(My UG, not to be confused with US Presidential Scholar, I wish I was that cool...)
    UG Presidential Scholar - Merit scholarship for academic excellence

?

Additionally, would I also put this in the "Awards" section that many of the applications have?

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@sandypants said:
    Hello! Sorry to tack on to this thread, but I also had a UG Merit Scholarship but it was just a half tuition (basically). Should I just put

(My UG, not to be confused with US Presidential Scholar, I wish I was that cool...)
    UG Presidential Scholar - Merit scholarship for academic excellence

Something like that (because there are many ways to write the same thing).

Additionally, would I also put this in the "Awards" section that many of the applications have?

Yes.

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

@FixedDice

Thanks for your definitive response!! I appreciate it :)