Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential January 2019 LSAT Problem

mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
in General 757 karma

Hi everyone,

Today I took the January LSAT as my first official test. Overall I feel like I did fairly well (Don't think I bombed any section). Although this may be a bad habit, during my practice PTs I usually put a little mark on the answer sheet next to the number of question I choose to skip. The mark I make is directly to the left of the question number and is usually completely outside the column (medium to dark shade). I like to mark questions this way so I get a bird's eye view of the questions I circled so I don't have to flip through the section to look for them.

I am now aware how this could be risky, since the answer sheet says to make no stray marks. I don't want to lose points due to a machine reading error. If I get my score back and it is unusually low, I may submit a request to LSAC to have my test hand-scored. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I didn't want to erase the marks after the time was called and risk getting kicked out. I kinda feel like a moron for not catching this behavior before hand in my practice PTs. Does anyone have experience with marking on the answer sheet?

This bad habit could cost me $100, but if my score improves based off hand-scoring it will be well worth it.

Comments

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    edited January 2019 652 karma

I do the same thing. For November’s test I saw all the answers I put down on the scantron (and also the dashes next to the question #) and it all registered correctly.

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

@Guillaume well that’s a relief to know, thanks for the response!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@mjmonte17 said:
    @Guillaume well that’s a relief to know, thanks for the response!

Yeah, I do the same thing too, and well... can't promise anything for your case, but so far it hasn't been bad for me. You can always request a manual review if it turns out poorly

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

@Bamboosprout right, time will tell, I still prefer marking the answer sheet either way.