Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January 2019 LSAT

FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member

Just recently started the curriculum and planning on taking LSAT next year January latest March was wondering if anyone has same test date goals and wanted to coordinate some study sessions together.

Comments

• gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
    133 karma

I will be testing in early 2019. Might not be January, depends on how much I can improve by then.

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

@gaflparalegal said:
    I will be testing in early 2019. Might not be January, depends on how much I can improve by then.

have you started the curriculum yet? And I definitely agree depends on improvement.

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

@FlashLSAT I'm planning for Jan 2019 as well! I would be down to coordinate with you!

293 karma

@attalla253 said:
    @FlashLSAT I'm planning for Jan 2019 as well! I would be down to coordinate with you!

sounds great!
    What section of the CC are in you in currently?

439 karma

@FlashLSAT Im at Flaw Descriptive Weakening right now. I'm hoping to be done with CC mid-late June. What about you?

293 karma

im at the very beginning of the CC at MP questions in LR. Ive already gone through the majority Power Score LR book so I have a very surface level understanding of Flaw Descriptive Weakening questions. But im sticking through going through the stimulus in order.

439 karma

@FlashLSAT Ahh ok, makes complete sense! Ive been going through the CC pretty slowly to be sure I fully understand it all completely heeding to all the advice I've seen on here. Going in order and taking your time is definitely the way to go! Feel free to send me a PM if you want bounce anything off me. Usually a BR group forms in the forum like 5-6 mos in advance, so a January will probably start this summer, and that will be clutch!

• MicolashMicolash Member
    218 karma

I will be taking the LSAT slightly earlier than that, but if I don't do so well, I will be considering the January one as well. Please count me in if you're looking to setup a BR group. I'd love to contribute!

293 karma

@Micolash said:
    I will be taking the LSAT slightly earlier than that, but if I don't do so well, I will be considering the January one as well. Please count me in if you're looking to setup a BR group. I'd love to contribute!

Definitely will count you in if i feel prepared I may take it slightly earlier as well.

Also Im open to discussing really hard sections of the CC as well!

293 karma

@attalla253 said:
    @FlashLSAT Ahh ok, makes complete sense! Ive been going through the CC pretty slowly to be sure I fully understand it all completely heeding to all the advice I've seen on here. Going in order and taking your time is definitely the way to go! Feel free to send me a PM if you want bounce anything off me. Usually a BR group forms in the forum like 5-6 mos in advance, so a January will probably start this summer, and that will be clutch!

For sure I may send something If i find any difficult parts of the curriculum that I don't understand it would be nice to have a second opinion!
    We are in this together!

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Hi! I'm shooting for January 2019 as well. I signed up for the curriculum in March, and now I have to get my butt in gear and get back into studying after my horrible Dec 2018 performance.

293 karma

@gkoski said:
    Hi! I'm shooting for January 2019 as well. I signed up for the curriculum in March, and now I have to get my butt in gear and get back into studying after my horrible Dec 2018 performance.

Did you take the official test december 2017?
    How far did you get into the curriculum?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Thinking about this test date as well.

293 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Thinking about this test date as well.

We should plan some BR study groups in late june for sure. Would that be your first take?

5254 karma

Yes. I've been on a slow path from work and being a nontraditional. I'm so glad you started this conversation. I'm 32% through the CC right now. It would be great if we also talked about pre-PT studying as well. Looking forward to the BR discussions for sure.

439 karma

@FlashLSAT I think late June would be a great time for us to start this BR group! The more I think about it, I'm like that's really only 6 months away! Lol Jan -June literally flew by so we def should start in June.

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Yes I did take official Dec 2017 test. Sorry typo on my part. I'm 30% through the CC. It's been a slow start with working full-time and two kids. Hoping to get back in the groove of studying.

293 karma

@gkoski said:
    Yes I did take official Dec 2017 test. Sorry typo on my part. I'm 30% through the CC. It's been a slow start with working full-time and two kids. Hoping to get back in the groove of studying.

Yea I get it well I hear alot of people retake and do alot better their second time around. Good luck will keep you informed about any study sessions we have!

@attalla253 said:
    @FlashLSAT I think late June would be a great time for us to start this BR group! The more I think about it, I'm like that's really only 6 months away! Lol Jan -June literally flew by so we def should start in June.

yea we should do Study session to go over some of the different LR types that would definitely be beneficial for me!

5254 karma

@FlashLSAT, That would be awesome.

133 karma

How is everyone’s CC going? I thought I’d start by reading through some of the popular books....but I’m not really learning like I though I would. Going to try to purchase 7Sage on the 15th.

439 karma

Hi! @gaflparalegal This CC was a game changer for me. I too, had tried to self study with recommended books, this was after I tried an in-person course at the University but neither really gave me the understanding required for this test. I came across 7sage, and after watching JY's videos I found myself fully understanding concepts that I could never grasp. That was it, I purchased the Ultimate package, and I plan on upgrading to Ultimate+ later. I am about 60% done with CC and although not confident on anything, I can honestly say I understand it all now! Also the supplemental quizzes and problem sets have been so valuable with reinforcing concepts. The CC in general is laid out in a very strategic way. Everything builds on one another, so in a way it holds you accountable to making sure you're ready to move on.
    In short, make the purchase! You won't regret it. Are you planning on sitting in January?

5254 karma

Yes, this is a good long-term investment and it's also more affordable than other prep programs. Once you pay a course fee, it's much cheaper to extend and you'll have several options for which amount you want to pay at that time.

5254 karma

And also, 7Sage provides us with reminders when we're approaching the expiration so you have about two weeks after then to renew. :)

293 karma

@gaflparalegal said:
    How is everyone’s CC going? I thought I’d start by reading through some of the popular books....but I’m not really learning like I though I would. Going to try to purchase 7Sage on the 15th.

Ive gone theough the majority of PS books and found it to be helpful in some areas like RC but 7sage has way better methods and study methods. 7sage really helps test takers build required fundamental skills that will help you grasp all three sections of the test Also 7sage helps you pin point and identify your weaknesses then gives you the questions by category to help you drill and strengthen your weaknesses.

I was torn between purchasing and not purchasing the curriculum and decided to buy it and did nto regret it since june 15th good time to buy it your planning on buying in January.

5254 karma

Yes, I'm so glad I became a member and my only regret is probably that I didn't join sooner.

133 karma

@annewr253 said:
    Hi! @gaflparalegal This CC was a game changer for me. I too, had tried to self study with recommended books, this was after I tried an in-person course at the University but neither really gave me the understanding required for this test. I came across 7sage, and after watching JY's videos I found myself fully understanding concepts that I could never grasp. That was it, I purchased the Ultimate package, and I plan on upgrading to Ultimate+ later. I am about 60% done with CC and although not confident on anything, I can honestly say I understand it all now! Also the supplemental quizzes and problem sets have been so valuable with reinforcing concepts. The CC in general is laid out in a very strategic way. Everything builds on one another, so in a way it holds you accountable to making sure you're ready to move on.
    In short, make the purchase! You won't regret it. Are you planning on sitting in January?

I’m going to just do it. I know how important this is so I need to get on it. I’d like to test in January so I have time to take it again if need be. I’d rather only take it once though lol. Thank you for sharing your experience, I appreciate it!

133 karma

@FlashLSAT said:

@gaflparalegal said:

Ive gone theough the majority of PS books and found it to be helpful in some areas like RC but 7sage has way better methods and study methods. 7sage really helps test takers build required fundamental skills that will help you grasp all three sections of the test Also 7sage helps you pin point and identify your weaknesses then gives you the questions by category to help you drill and strengthen your weaknesses.

I was torn between purchasing and not purchasing the curriculum and decided to buy it and did nto regret it since june 15th good time to buy it your planning on buying in January.

Thank you!! I’m going to buy a program on the 15th. Even if it’s the starter just so I can get started and upgrade later when needed. I’m most excited about the CC since I really need the basics.

293 karma

Hows going through the CC going for everyone?

293 karma

Interested in knowing for you guys that have gone through the weakening questions in the CC how did you guys approach answering this question type. I'm finding it pretty difficult.

edited June 2018 439 karma

Hey! @FlashLSAT For me, I always always try to prephase for just about every question type and its a skill in of itself that I continue to work on. With weakening questions, a lot of the answers will seem attractive based off our real-world knowledge or they sound like the address the argument. However when I prephase, I really hone in on that idea of the support structure that is operating between the premise and conclusion. If I can identify that logical leap or "the beam" as JY explained it, the answer choices are much easier to eliminate, and I just go into the ACs anticipating the correct one. There is a great webinar by Nicole Hopkins on the Webinar Videos tab that provides some really great strategies for weakening and strengthening. She discusses causation questions in depth as well. I find the webinars helpful to watch after going over a particular part of the CC that was really challenging.

I'm having a pretty tough time with NA questions right now, definitely seems like my Achilles heel of all the question types. Really going to devote this weekend to getting those down.

5254 karma

@FlashLSAT, I'm in the Weakening Unit too right now. It's taking me a long time. I'm midway through.

293 karma

@annewr253 said:
    Hey! @FlashLSAT For me, I always always try to prephase for just about every question type and its a skill in of itself that I continue to work on. With weakening questions, a lot of the answers will seem attractive based off our real-world knowledge or they sound like the address the argument. However when I prephase, I really hone in on that idea of the support structure that is operating between the premise and conclusion. If I can identify that logical leap or "the beam" as JY explained it, the answer choices are much easier to eliminate, and I just go into the ACs anticipating the correct one. There is a great webinar by Nicole Hopkins on the Webinar Videos tab that provides some really great strategies for weakening and strengthening. She discusses causation questions in depth as well. I find the webinars helpful to watch after going over a particular part of the CC that was really challenging.

I'm having a pretty tough time with NA questions right now, definitely seems like my Achilles heel of all the question types. Really going to devote this weekend to getting those down.

Thank you! Also if you can post that webinar if you can I'd love to watch it! I've been developing some familiarity with weakening questions as seen some improvement over the last weekend!

Good luck with NA question types!

293 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @FlashLSAT, I'm in the Weakening Unit too right now. It's taking me a long time. I'm midway through.

We should do a skype review and share thoughts on weakening questions may help us out to see it from alternative perspectives.

5254 karma

Yes, I'd be glad to discuss.

439 karma

@FlashLSAT Yes I would be happy to discuss thoughts! Here is the link to the webinar, you may find it useful. https://7sage.com/webinar/weaken-strengthen/

• CWlsat19CWlsat19 Alum Member
    4 karma

@FlashLSAT I’m planning on taking in March! I’ve only just started this past week, finishing up on Intro to logic. If I can catch up to your progress would love to take part in any study sessions!

Also - anyone studying in NYC?

• Would the January test date make it to admissions for fall 2019 or would you have to wait another cycle?

• MambaMentality93MambaMentality93 Live Member
    503 karma

It's our turn now!!!