Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake?

tdogra1tdogra1 Alum Member
edited February 2019 in General 67 karma

Help

Cold diagnostic- 143
January score- 159
Still debating if I should retake in March because I scored more or less around my PT score, and I don’t know if I can improve in a month’s time. Can give only the March one, none else. Skeptic in as to scoring lower the second time around. I don’t have a great resume or softs, so I was wondering if I should use this time between now and June to work on that instead. I’m an international student and my grad score is in %age. I topped in my college, though. Advice appreciated.
TIA

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Law schools only look at the highest scores. Since you will have taken the LSAT only twice with the March administration, shouldn't matter much even if you get a lower score.

Soft factors matter, but they are called "soft" for a reason. LSAT would be a far better bet.

• joseluisglezjoseluisglez Alum Member
    18 karma

I improved from 157 to 161 in 6 weeks, so if you can identify your weaknesses and tackle them, I believe there's definitely improvement to be had in a month.

• tdogra1tdogra1 Alum Member
    67 karma

@joseluisglez , that’s awesome! Do you mind sharing the resources used and your study schedule? I tried doing I prep test I had done way back in October, but I kinda remember the LR answers, and RC, too. Doesn’t paint a true picture, so I’m worried I might improve.

• tdogra1tdogra1 Alum Member
    67 karma

@joseluisglez said:
    I improved from 157 to 161 in 6 weeks, so if you can identify your weaknesses and tackle them, I believe there's definitely improvement to be had in a month.

@FixedDice said:
    Law schools only look at the highest scores. Since you will have taken the LSAT only twice with the March administration, shouldn't matter much even if you get a lower score.

Soft factors matter, but they are called "soft" for a reason. LSAT would be a far better bet.

I hear you! Any advice on how to go about it? Thank you!