Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take a "Second" visit?

QuannieBQuannieB Alum Member

Hey Guys, so I was recently Wait Listed at my top choice Law School. I submitted my wait list form two days after receiving the email along with a Letter of Continued Interest addressed to my assigned Admissions Counselor. I took a visit to the school in 2017 and loved it, which I also mentioned in my LOCI. I am currently contemplating taking another visit to the school and trying to meet with my Admissions Counselor or someone from the Admissions Committee. I don't want to be annoying after I've already taken a visit in 2017 and sent in a LOCI. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Go for another visit! Call the admissions office, see if you can sit in on a class and schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor. Treat the visit like it is an interview and do your best to charm the admissions office. If it is your top choice, let them know in person. Go to the meeting armed with 3-4 questions about the academic program and your own elevator pitch of why the school should choose YOU. Do not waste a question by asking what your chances are of getting off the waitlist. You want the admissions officer to come away from the meeting thinking "QuannieB was so nice in person, seemed really smart, enthusiastic and likable." You want them to add you to their list of favorite files that should get top consideration when they go to the WL. Good luck!

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I think a second visit could be helpful or even just another phone call meeting. Most admission officers have been open to speaking on the phone because my top schools are very far away. If you are able to visit the school though, it may help put a face to your name! You can even see if you like the environment, interact with the students, and more!

• QuannieBQuannieB Alum Member
    29 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    Go for another visit! Call the admissions office, see if you can sit in on a class and schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor. Treat the visit like it is an interview and do your best to charm the admissions office. If it is your top choice, let them know in person. Go to the meeting armed with 3-4 questions about the academic program and your own elevator pitch of why the school should choose YOU. Do not waste a question by asking what your chances are of getting off the waitlist. You want the admissions officer to come away from the meeting thinking "QuannieB was so nice in person, seemed really smart, enthusiastic and likable." You want them to add you to their list of favorite files that should get top consideration when they go to the WL. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your insight! Any particular questions you think I should ask?

• NJBorg894NJBorg894 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

I would definitely go back for another visit. It shows your continued interest in their school and like @Princess said, its good to put a face with a name. It will give you a chance to make another impression (and maybe that much closer to you getting off that wait list!) Good luck to you!