Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting over

jermainepitts-1jermainepitts-1 Core Member
in General 21 karma

I have taken the LSAT in June 2018. I scored a 142. I was devastated that I achieved such a low score. I took a sabbatical from studying. I am practicing and studying now. I do not know if I should hire a take another LSAT prep class, use a web site like 7sage for self study, or hire a private tutor. I do not know if I should hire get disability testing for testing accommodations. I do not know if I should just apply to law school with my score. I do want to re-take the test, for a better score. So many questions in my head, so little time.

Comments

• 187 karma

If you are willing to be consistent in your study, I believe 7Sage has the basic (and more) information to boost your score. The big question is do you have the willingness to work hard to accomplish that. My experience with a tutor (going to Yale for her PhD in law) was that she had no curiculam or method to teach the LSAT. She just read from her PT's and the answers in the available LSAT Decoded books. No standards or methodology. A waste of a lot of money.

There is no quick fix for achieving knowledge - just a good knowledge source and hard work. 7Sage offers the good source of knowledge as well as a system to learn it.

If you are willing to work hard and for several months, I believe 7Sage will help quite a bit.

• jermainepitts-1jermainepitts-1 Core Member
    21 karma

I am willing to work hard for several months--the same amount of dedication that I use for the gym. I am reading and practicing, I just am terrible at my time and accuracy. It takes me a long a long time to get through the Logical Reasoning sections, where I get -7 or -8 wrong. I am happy that I am answering questions correctly; I am skilled at applying logic to the LSAT problems. Instead of retaking the LSAT in September, I want to push for November. I want to answer the questions my own way, using my own methodology to answer the questions.

• 101 karma

Don't beat yourself up. I took my first LSAT and got a 144. I applied to a few law school and got rejected from them all which, looking back, was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

I was/am in a bit of a rush. I am 28 with a wife and son so putting off taking another LSAT and studying for a year+ was not an option for me. I came to 7sage, studied religiously for about 7-8 months, and saw a sizable increase. Now I'm off to Case Western in the fall. You will find things in the 7Sage method that work for you and things that don't. The reading comp method that JY teaches didn't work for me. So I adapted.

You can do this. The LSAT is all stuff that is just depends on grasping concepts.