Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New To English - 7Sage Forum

New To English

mamzi0608mamzi0608 Member
in General 28 karma

Hi 7Sagers, I moved here few years ago and English is my second language, no educational background here. I have studied engineering and would like to pursue my goal in Patent Law. I have been studying for LSAT since late 2017, and am struggling with time. I do pretty good in LG but in LR and RC I have problems with time. I wonder if anyone had a recommendation that helps test takers like me, reading faster and comprehending simultaneously.

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I'm a native speaker so I don't think I'm the best person to give you advice however, JY did a podcast episode with a non-native sager "Grey Warden" and she talks about how she overcame RC difficulties by reading the Economist and using it as RC practice. Highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

What's your first language?

• mamzi0608mamzi0608 Member
    28 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    What's your first language?

My first language is Farsi

28 karma

Thank you so much. It was helpful.> @"Pride Only Hurts" said:

I'm a native speaker so I don't think I'm the best person to give you advice however, JY did a podcast episode with a non-native sager "Grey Warden" and she talks about how she overcame RC difficulties by reading the Economist and using it as RC practice. Highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, there's some webinars talking with another non-native speaker Sage by the name of Nader. Under Resources go to the one called "Our 89 Point Increase Story" to hear about him and three other former students' experiences.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    edited May 2019 1058 karma

There was a student from India whose native language is not English yet she ended up with a 170. She had a Podcast session with JY recently and specifically talks about how she improved her English while studying for this test. Look it up. It's definitely available here.

28 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Also, there's some webinars talking with another non-native speaker Sage by the name of Nader. Under Resources go to the one called "Our 89 Point Increase Story" to hear about him and three other former students' experiences.

Nice, I will check it out. Thank you

28 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 said:
    There was a student from India whose native language is not English yet she ended up with a 170. She had a Podcast session with JY recently and specifically talks about how she improved her English while studying for this test. Look it up. It's definitely available here.

Yeah another guy recommended that earlier. I listened to it. It was amazing. Specially the part that she goes "if i could do it, then anyone else can".
    But thank you,