Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scorers in 173+ Range

Nick PischullaNick Pischulla Core Member
in General 20 karma

How long does a typical blind review take you? How long until you started noticing benefits? Any other study suggestions?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

Where are you currently scoring? A lot of what is typical for people scoring in these upper ranges should not be typical for people at most score ranges. A typical BR takes me about an hour, but BR is a way different process for me than it likely should be for you.

If you want to know how long BR used to take me while I was working my way up, that's a very different question. It would take me a day or two, usually around 6 hours cumulative. I began seeing benefits immediately. One thing I think is really important to consider in addition to the normal BR is to make sure you're evaluating your own reasoning and not just the material. You definitely want to figure out anything and everything that gave you trouble, but you also want to figure out exactly what you were thinking which created that trouble to begin with. Usually, the answer will be some version of "something didn't say exactly what I interpreted it as meaning."

Why did you think something said what you thought it said when it didn't say that?

This may be the most important question to answer in studying for the LSAT, but it's one that often doesn't get much attention. "Careless mistake" is not an answer that any consistent 173+ scorer is ever satisfied with. Find meaningful and concrete answers to this question.