Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blinder review better than real score

Danielle639Danielle639 Free Trial Member
edited October 2013 in General 22 karma
What should I do if when I blinder review my LR section I DO soooo much better than under timed conditions.

Thank you!

Comments

• The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    Hey Danielle, I had, and kinda have the same problem now.

My suggestion would be , perhaps when doing some timed sections, you should make the time constraints a litter looser on yourself? Make a section 45 minutes for LR instead of 35. see how you do.

See when you are drilling / blind reviewing if you are making unnecessary steps in your reasoning process that is making you waste time and in turn making your LR scores way worse when timed. for example, have you ever taken forever to get a question, then it finally clicked for you? when that happens, think of all the stuff you were thinking was important was before that actaully wasn't , try to find out why you were thinking that, and try to eliminate that from your reasoning

Another thing that helped me was just honestly stopping every once in a while during an lr section, closing my eyes, and taking 2-3 deep breaths to re-focus.

good luck!
  • Danielle639Danielle639 Free Trial Member
    22 karma
    Thank you so much! I will try your method and let you know how it works out for me!
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    okay let me know how it goes
  • Taylor DarcyTaylor Darcy Alum Member
    13 karma
    If that is the case, I would as Kyuya suggested start with a higher timed amount and then as you take more and more PT's reduce the time until you get to the 35 minutes. That way your body/brain will get use to the time a little more gradually.

Either that or I would gradually increase your time to the point that you feel comfortable answering the questions and then work your way back down to the 35 if you are shooting for the maximum score.

An alternative suggestion would be to answer fewer questions on the test to give you more time with each one and make sure you get them right and guess on the really hard ones. Just my thoughts on the time issue.