Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ways to recap without being repetitive

Aiesha G.Aiesha G. Alum Member
in General 199 karma
Hey guys! I'm kind of new to the 7sage community and I am hoping to be more social when I buy my ultimate course in a few weeks. I was just wondering how you guys recap what you've learned without repeating the same skill set questions. Are there any other exercises or books that you recommend to supplement this course?

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I've found the Cambridge Packets (from Cambridge LSAT) extremely helpful. I typically practice applying concepts as a means of review. I believe the packets are available in PDF format (for a little longer at least) and hard copy. The questions are organized by type.
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    The Ultimate course problem sets are very helpful. If you need extra practice for certain question types then the Cambridge packets are a good supplement. You'll definitely end up seeing repeat questions but don't let that prevent you from sufficiently blind reviewing those repeat questions and also don't feel pressured into looking at new material by way of recent tests. Save those as whole timed PTs when you get to that stage of practice.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would recommend Cambridge Packets and The LSAT Trainer.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @aieshagrant4 Welcome! Packets are good—LSAT trainer schedules good too, will give you assignments by question type and then you just get the LSAC books (or PDFs from 7sage or Cambridge--make sure to get them before April 21st because they will be unavailable after then).

Games are fine to repeat ad nauseum (see the "Foolproof Method"); while you might remember an RC passage, I find the questions don't stick in my mind as much. While you might remember certain LR questions, plenty of them will see more or less new to you.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    CAMBRIDGE PACKETS! I would get them ASAP before the 4/21 deadline. If you're strapped for cash, I would spend a good amount of time figuring out what your weaknesses are and then getting Cambridge packets for particular question types/sections.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Yeah frugal folks like myself rely on elaborate spreadsheets sortable by question type—I might make mine available as this no-more-PDF thing heats up.
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    @aieshagrant4 I think the most important thing is to get real LSAT questions. Thus, I would find a way to get pdfs of all LSAT tests ever released (JY's course is a great way to get 36-74). Then I would focus on using only PT 1-35 for practice. The amount of material in PTs 1-35 is plenty to begin mastering the skillsets you need to excel at this exam. DO NOT be afraid to revisit past games/LR questions/RC passages. There is still plenty of value in reviewing old questions provided you thoroughly run through the proper thought processes.

As for other materials I found helpful:

LSAT Superprep
    All 3 powerscore bibles
    The LSAT Trainer
    and of course JY's ultimate course has been an invaluable and affordable resource