Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panicking CRAZY! Test Center unavailable

Hannah14Hannah14 Free Trial Member
in General 35 karma

Hey everyone,
I’m freaking out insanely because I am new to this and because I registered for the January 2020 exam today (it literally just opened up a few days ago). Anyways the city I live in only has one test center and it says unavailable. The other one nearest to my city which is about 1hr and 30 mins away is also unavailable. Anyways so I just registered and I guess I am wait-listed.
I’m freaking out because I am unable to travel to the test center that is outside of city if it opens up (don’t have a car, don’t have anyone to take me and they just cut the bus routes that go outside the city). Basically I can ONLY write the test in the center located in my city but I’m so scared that I won’t get a seat and I’m freaking out even more because I have already applied to schools and January is the last acceptable exam they take.
Advice??? Literately can’t calm down

Comments

• TorontoVSallTorontoVSall Alum Member
    104 karma

Unfortunately there isn't too much you can do, but hope it opens up. Although I would try giving LSAC a call and complain that you already paid and due to inadequate supply of testing seats you are losing money and opportunity. I doubt LSAC can make a seat appear out of thin air, but doesn't hurt to try I suppose.

• JerryJerry Member
    176 karma

I'd say there's still some other options for you to consider.

Uber. Or rent a car for a day. Or get someone else to rent a car for you. Or borrow someone else's car.

• Harvey DentHarvey Dent Alum Member
    81 karma

You’ll get a seat. No need to worry about that.
    Perhaps you can Uber outside your city and take the bus from there.
    But since all options will be unfamiliar to you I would highly recommend getting there the day before and staying in a hotel near your testing center.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe rent a car?

• prayerfulprayerful Member
    48 karma

The same thing happened to me -- they said my test center was unavailable and then I was put on the waitlist after I requested that I still wanted that test center. They ended up emailing me a couple of weeks later (I believe about two weeks) and then said that the test center I wanted was available.

I would try not to stress too much. They may email you saying that they opened up more space in that test center in a couple of weeks, so until then, do not freak out.

• Tynemouth47Tynemouth47 Alum Member
    11 karma

Try emailing LSAC and explaining your circumstances.

I was given a test center 2 hours away. Was waitlisted for a local center for Oct test. When my ticket was released 2 weeks before the test it was still at the center 2 hours away.

I called LSAC and they said there was nothing they could do. Told me my only other option was to show up at the local center and try to test standby (but that involves risking there being no available seat).

I emailed LSAC explaining my circumstances and reasons for needing a local center. They found me a seat at the local center (30 mins after the phone call in which they told me there was nothing they could do).

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

This seat/test center shortage has been going on since the conversion to digital. I registered for November and also couldn't get a local test center. I called and emailed LSAC and they said that I could only do "stand by" for a local test center. I have been sick, badly, for several weeks and there is no way that I can take the test tomorrow so I registered for November. Just like you, no local test centers. So I spent time putting in different zip codes and found that there was literally THREE testing centers with seats in Northern CA. Yes, in California we have this kind of shortage too... ridiculous. I would plan on taking an Uber or something like that. You have several weeks so don't panic I am sure you will find a way to get a ride and fortunately the test is at 12:30 not 8 am so that is a plus.