Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Submitting app before score is released?

I took the July flex and didn't score as well as I wanted to so I'm retaking in October. Should I wait until after my October score is released to apply? A friend said I should apply as early as possible but if I apply before October only my bad score will be on file...

Comments

• parkdan7070parkdan7070 Core Member
    50 karma

I have this question also!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    edited August 2020 3481 karma

"If you think there's a good chance your score will improve, then you should apply to your target and safety schools as soon as possible but wait for your new score before applying to your reach schools (unless those schools automatically hold your application for the new score).

Why? Because your target and safety schools are unlikely to reject you before they see your new score and may accept you beforehand. Your reach schools, on the other hand, are unlikely to accept you before they see your new score and may reject you beforehand."

"Improving your LSAT score by a single point increases your chances more than applying a month earlier"

From the 7sage admissions course

• em2020em2020 Member
    66 karma

@noonawoon thank you!

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

wait. No point in putting it in early when the app is incomplete. Many schools will see that you have a test still awaiting a score and will mark your app as incomplete