Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study "Abroad" Transcripts?

I'm confused as to whether or not I need to submit my transcript from when I studied abroad in Canada. It was only a 5-week 6 credit program. At least one school I'm looking at has indicated they require a transcript from "all institutions attended." Does this include study abroad generally?

Additionally, if it does, the school only sends hard copies and the transcripts are in French. Anyone have experience with similar situations?

Comments

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

From my understanding LSAC wants all transcripts. I did a post-bacc in Israel and had my transcript from that school sent to LSAC. LSAC showed my official transcript as received on my account. 2 months later they emailed me saying that the school did not put a school stamp/seal on the envelope. Luckily it is still August and after calling/emailing abroad several times to get the transcript resent, I finally got through to them. Hopefully they did it right this time.

I would do so ASAP for logistical reasons.

In regards to getting everything translated, LSAC will want this. I paid to get my transcript translated from Hebrew through a certified translation company for a different reason before so luckily I already had that.

• jackmmmmjackmmmm Yearly Member
    103 karma

Send the transcript! Submitting transcripts through LSAC can be tricky-- you have to register that you've attended the institution first.

• JenCordsJenCords Alum Member
    15 karma

It depends on whether or not your school sponsored the credits. If it was sponsored from your home institution, it will likely be reflected within your home institution's transcript and incorporated into your overall GPA. If that is the case then a separate transcript is not necessary (e.g., a traditional study abroad).

If it was a separate outside study program, then you will need to request a separate transcript. When in doubt, reach out to you school's pre-law advising department. I am an alumna and have been out of school for over 4 years, but still reached out for clarification on this exact topic because the LSAC website wasn't quite as clear as I had hoped.