Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Length of curriculum ?

rguy1111rguy1111 Core Member
in General 36 karma

How long does it generally takes to get through most of the core curriculum until the point that you are doing strictly practice tests ? I do mean in such a way that you are actively learning and not attempting a speed run ! Obviously everyone learns at different speeds and has different schedules ! So feel free to ball park it or give a rough estimate.

I am just trying to figure out how much time I have to realistically learn before my test.

Thanks, and as always you rock !

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Took me 2 weeks full time. I also did like half the problem sets, not all of em

• randyyyy98randyyyy98 Member
    61 karma

Took me three months doing every problem set, I probably spend 5 hours a day studying and I took notes in a notebook/ made cue cards along the way.

• Bookworm-1Bookworm-1 Member
    43 karma

@lexxx745 said:

what is considered full time?

43 karma

@randyyyy98 said:
    Took me three months doing every problem set, I probably spend 5 hours a day studying and I took notes in a notebook/ made cue cards along the way.

did you study after or that was the only prep for the test?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@Bookworm said:

@lexxx745 said:

no other obligations. So i spent like 6-8 hours a day on the CC

43 karma

@lexxx745 said:

@Bookworm said:

@lexxx745 said:

no other obligations. So i spent like 6-8 hours a day on the CC

ok thanks! did you feel that the CC was enough prep or are you doing more prep outside of the CC?

• Adam DeanAdam Dean Core Member
    22 karma

2/3 of the way through doing every problem set and watching the videos at a little faster speed. Taken me 95 hours. I've done this over 10 weeks.

• randyyyy98randyyyy98 Member
    61 karma

@Bookworm said:

@randyyyy98 said:

did you study after or that was the only prep for the test?

I have done that, listened to podcasts and have been doing as many PTs as I can. I also looked at old cheatsheets on 7sage and printed or made notes. A few 7sagers have made quizlets which help and their are games I play on my phone that help to prep too.