Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOS LSAT in month shoudl I purchase 7Sage

probleskproblesk Core Member
edited October 2020 in General 11 karma

I took the LSAT in August after MONTHS OF STUDYING (which apparently didnt help at all) I scored I 138. I am planning on retaking it in November. Should I purchase 7 SAGE for a month to study? I did the schedule generator and they said a month is not enough time that I need to study 700 something hours. Its discouraging... is there no plans for like a month? I HONESTLY think I can raise my score even to 145... but idk if I should purchase it because it is very expensive, as I am unemployed PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINION!!!

Comments

• 229 karma

Definitely worth it boss. Don't let the schedule generator discourage you. Try to focus on sections you struggle with most and make the best of the time you have.

• cjb297cjb297 Member
    43 karma

Well, good news! I would say that 7sage is an extremely good program that can help raise your score. Personally, I read almost the entire logic games bible from powerscore and it didn't really help me. I started using 7sage's logic games curriculum and I'm scoring extremely well now.
    On the other hand, I do not mean to be rude but if you got a 138 then you surely did not study anywhere near enough. Get the program if you are serious about law school and are truly willing to study a TON.
    Make your own plan, it's what I do. For example, from my very first practice test, I have done extremely well on logical reasoning. Sadly, I did extremely bad on logic games. Guess what? I hardly ever study for logical reasoning and spend tons of time on logic games. Almost all of my LSAT studying has been on logic games, over a period of 4 months! Now, I am getting scores that I am pretty happy with, mid 160s. If you only have one month, focus on the areas that need improving most, don't rely on the syllabus.

• SoupCitySoupCity Member
    40 karma

I studied (and by studied I mean took practice tests and problem sets) for two months and wasn't seeing significant progress, so I decided to pay for a month before my November test.

It is pretty overwhelming to see the course load and know I can't get through much of it in time, but I have found the lessons I've gone through helpful for honing in what I'm supposed to be looking for in the stimulus. I think learning some of these basics could help boost your score, and it's not too much of a financial investment, so I say why not?

• gigi_m1308gigi_m1308 Alum Member
    149 karma

I personally think that 7sage is well worth the investment. I studied on my own for almost 6 months last year- I purchased basically every LSAT book I could get my hands, did a few preptests and then took the test in September 2019. Let's just say my score was definitely not what I know I am capable of. I think 7sage has helped me truly understand the content of each section of the LSAT and how to master it. I have seen such an improvement in my score and also my confidence in actually understanding the material. I am signed up for the LSAT again this November and besides the fact that it is flex (ugghhh), I really feel like I can do well because of 7sage.

Long story short, it is definitely worth it no matter how much time you have (obviously the more time you have, the more you will get out of the course). I know it is pricey but what helped me bite the bullet was thinking "okay yes I have to pay this much now, but it will help me score higher on my lsat...which will help me get into my dream school.... which will open numerous doors for me." and it has absolutely paid off. It's a small price to pay to help you down the road. I know this sounds like an infomercial or something but I swear I truly believe this. The LSAT is a beast but 7sage has helped immensely and I am so very grateful. My only regret is not purchasing it sooner.

• trishuestrishues Member
    130 karma

DONT pay any attention to the schedule generator. 7sage is SO WORTH IT. For me, the value was not necessarily in the curriculum/full syllabus, but in the question explanations an analytics. My only regret is not getting is earlier in the process. Good luck!

• m.stainsm.stains Member
    27 karma

100% yes

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited October 2020 905 karma

What other books have you been using? If you have your heart set on applying this cycle (with only the November test), I probably wouldn't purchase 7-sage - one month isn't enough for it to be helpful. If you think you might apply next cycle instead, I would invest the time/money. It's going to take a bit to go through the 215 hours of core curriculum without rushing (yeah, there's a lot of drill sets in there that you could skip through, but at the risk of applying the lessons you've learned - you'll want to at least do some of them).

Sorry for being brutally honest, but your score shows a lack of understanding the foundational basics. You really need to work on that and it is going to take more than a month to learn it and apply it. You might be better suited taking the one month cost and buying a last-ditch book or tutor session instead to try to squeak out a few extra points in a section focus.

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    156 karma

If you do end up purchasing, which can't hurt but only help, I'd focus on Logic Games if I were you.

• dudekcdudekc Core Member
    46 karma

Yes, definitely purchase if for no other reason than that you have access to practice tests to hone your test taking and timing skills

• GTFOHLSATGTFOHLSAT Member
    76 karma

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but if you can afford it, I would say to go take a long walk in the woods, take lots of deep breaths, and take another year off and do 7sage. Law school will still be there when you are ready :)! We have this saying in my home country that this is "one step backward for 10 steps forward." Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

• I think you would regret taking it over in November. One month is not enough time to effectively learn and apply the concepts that 7Sage teaches. I've been using 7Sage for several months and its worth the price and the time commitment.I really believe that you would do really well on the test if you gave yourself more time to learn the foundational concepts. Whatever decision you make, I wish you the best.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

If I were you I would not apply this cycle. As someone said above, one month really isn't much value for the price. And I'd be hesitant about even retaking it in November because they reinstated the limit on how many times you can take the test. You need more time to learn the fundamentals, otherwise you're just doing yourself a disservice. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking to hear, but I truly believe that you can score much higher if you give yourself the time and resources necessary to do so. Short answer: sign up for 7Sage but take this year to study again for the test and apply next cycle.