Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to mark up passages on LSAT Flex #Help

Hello! I am struggling during my PTs without being able to scribble notes next to important parts of the passage. Highlighting is okay, but it gets pretty distracting by the end with so many colors popping out at me. Does anyone have an efficient system (writing it out on paper seems to be taking too long) for marking your passages?

Comments

• calvinnhobbescalvinnhobbes Core Member
    134 karma

RC - I like to switch colors depending on viewpoints - especially if author is arguing against someone's POV or hypothesis, it helps me stay clear on who thinks what.
    LR - Minimal use, I use mainly for Argument Part questions or if I want to highlight a particular conclusion or premise.

• Kevbot1314Kevbot1314 Member
    15 karma

I split one of my pieces of scratch paper into 4 quadrants, and treat each one almost like a mirror of the passage. Write down a number for each paragraph and write notes next to it.

• harbertkharbertk Member
    24 karma

Thank you Kevbot1314 and calvinnhobbes, I will try both of your suggestions on my next PT, they sound much more efficient than what I've been doing.

• Mace WinduMace Windu Member
    16 karma

I am also frustrated with my inability to scribble notes next to RC passages in the digital format. For example, underlining a few words and writing "phen" and "hyp" next to them (phenomenon and hypothesis) is so instantaneous with pencil and paper. But digitally, I can't write "phen" and "hyp" and I have to take great care with my mouse to only underline the words I want to (sometimes if I move my mouse up/down slightly, I end up annotating way more than I wanted to)

• 219 karma

I'm having this same problem - my study partner and I just discussed this on our call this morning. Is it true that you can take the test on a tablet with a stylus? I think I'm going to investigate this and see about practicing with PTs that way. I need to "consume" the passage by marking it up. SO curious what others are doing with this.

• EbethStudent16EbethStudent16 Alum Member
    82 karma

LR - I have a piece of scrap paper ready for any lawgic that I need to write.
    RC - I write 1 and circle it big. Then write P1 and it's low resolution, then P2, and so on. I do this for each passage.

• Has anyone tried to come up with a system for the colors/underlining that constantly mean the same thing? I was thinking of doing this but I feel like sometimes I can too wrapped up in trying to highlight things and I loose a lot of time.