Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone like my issues of the Economist? Also have some Scientific American issues in digital.

canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
edited November 2020 in General 8313 karma

As this is a popular source of reading material for working RC practice into leisure reading, I thought someone here might want my issues. I usually just recycle them, but I'm sure someone here can put them to good use. I have two to get rid of now... three by weeks end.

I can mail you a couple issues every couple weeks (within the US) free of charge as long as my subscription continues, on the condition that you:

1. want to use them for your studies.
  2. send them to another 7sager when you are done with them.
  3. let me know when you no longer need them so I can give them to someone else.
  4. acknowledge that I might stop without notice at any time because... life.

Please post below, or I can update with who ends up getting them. Maybe we can just designate a chain of custody in here or something... anyway first person to agree in here hit me up with your address.

Also have some Scientific American issues in pdf that I'll send to anyone who wants them. Read them all so I'll be deleting the files. Maybe a year's worth... a couple years old (2017). For these as well, it'd be great if you pass them on to at least one other 7sager who could benefit from having them. I'll send them out to a few people before getting rid of them.

Edit: so a lot of them are too big to email. I'm hosting them on drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AIQxQ0aFEXJusBA0hejBMtXEcv5qzRLu?usp=sharing

As long as this links up it'll be active. Will probably take it down in a day or so.

If anyone has any copies of Science or Nature, I'd love to trade, but completely unnecessary.

Edit 10/31 STILL AVAILABLE.

Edit 11/8 Bump... SciAm link is still up, but no one who expressed interest ended up sending me an address to forward the Economist copies. These are going into the recycle bin soon... last chance for free issues.

Comments

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

That is a very generous offer that I hope someone takes you up on. I got a digital subscription to The Economist four months ago and I have seen a two point increase on RC.
    I would be interested in the Scientific American pdfs. I've sent my email address to your inbox.
    Are there any especially interesting articles that you'd recommend that I read?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited October 2020 8313 karma

@"mhf.andrew" said:
    That is a very generous offer that I hope someone takes you up on. I got a digital subscription to The Economist four months ago and I have seen a two point increase on RC.
    I would be interested in the Scientific American pdfs. I've sent my email address to your inbox.
    Are there any especially interesting articles that you'd recommend that I read?

Just updated with a drive folder. A lot of them were too big to send via email. I tend to just browse for anything that interests me, or anything about the length of an RC passage even if it doesn't interest me. I try to keep it more enjoyable, with a hint of RC practice.

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

Thanks!

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

Thanks for posting this! I was just looking for exactly this.

If it's still available, I'd love to have the Economist and/or Scientific American for my RC reading practice.

8313 karma

@"Andrew Alterio" said:

If it's still available, I'd love to have the Economist and/or Scientific American for my RC reading practice.

I just hosted the SA files in drive. There's a link in the main post now. Download whichever issues you want as I'll be deleting them in a day or two. Waiting to hear back from someone via PM about the Economist copies.

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

This is lovely. Thank you so much for your offer!!

I would also like to take you up on it, if possible. :smile:

• tejpat717tejpat717 Core Member
    98 karma

Thank you so much for offering this up!

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

Not interested, but love this idea!

8313 karma

@"Andrew Alterio" said:

@Auntie2020 said:
    This is lovely. Thank you so much for your offer!!

I would also like to take you up on it, if possible. :smile:

@"Andrew Alterio" Followed up with the other inquiry and the mags are yours if you want them. PM me an address.

@Auntie2020 I've posted a link for the SA issues. Download whatever you need! Will update if I find more Economist issues.

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Thank you so much! I have the Economist but I have been trying to find a way of reading more Scientific American. This is perfect! Thanks again.

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

Thanks!!

• delkhartdelkhart Member
    63 karma

Thank you for this!

• makena_808makena_808 Member
    93 karma

I'm interested in the Economist issues if the offer is still available!

edited November 2020 8313 karma

Ok had a few people interested but no one's gotten back to me with an address or anything. Bumping this for any takers.

• Willa.HaoWilla.Hao Yearly Member
    54 karma

thank you so much

8313 karma

Bump... SciAm link is still up but no one who expressed interest ended up sending me an address to forward the Economist copies. These are going into the recycle bin soon... last chance for free issues.

• brucefluellenbrucefluellen Member
    36 karma

where can I find the link? I really would love the opportunity to read the Economist being that the subscription is way beyond my budget!

• LawdreaminLawdreamin Member
    62 karma

Hi! Are the economist articles still up for grabs?? Would love to get copies!