Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toronto, Canada: Could I Please Borrow Someone's Device for Nov 13 Flex? Reward Included!

Sally SallySally Sally Member
in General 169 karma

Hi 7Sagers, due to ProctorU issues, I wasn't able to even start my Nov Flex today (Wednesday). I spoke to around 8 ProctorU and LSAC agents since my scheduled time regarding this, and I am currently awaiting approval to take a rescheduled Flex on Friday. LSAC said that I'd probably get an approval and that, if so, they'd email me by tomorrow afternoon. However, I am worried that another technical disaster would happen to me on my device even if I retake on Friday. Yesterday, I did a thorough system check with a technician for my test, and I was told that my device was all set. Yet that ended up not being the case today. So, would there be anyone in or near Toronto who has successfully completed their November LSAT Flex and would be willing to lend me the device that they used during that test? I would really appreciate it if I could please borrow your device sometime tomorrow. In return, I will buy you food or maybe a gift card, whichever you feel is appropriate! Thank you so much for considering! :)

Comments

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

Can't help you with technology, but I can tell you that the exact same thing happened to me today. I also spoke with a technician days before, who said it would be okay. I also am signed up for Friday, and I also will be using the same device.
    Needless to say, it has been a stressful day.

• Sally SallySally Sally Member
    169 karma

I cried. I feel like I did everything humanly possible, so I felt discouraged. I'm sure you were upset as well. Do you mean you are using the same device that gave you trouble today?

207 karma

I have no other option. They did fix the issue, but by that the testing window had closed.

207 karma

Honestly though, I was relieved that I didn't have to write after waiting for nearly three hours.

169 karma

That's so great that they fixed it for you. Do you know what the problem was and how they solved it?

207 karma

Something to do with the camera-- connected at first, then the connection was lost. Honestly though, after two hours of sitting and starring at the screen, I am kind of relieved that I am rescheduled. The awful part was waiting nearly half an hour simply to talk to a technician.

• starbuckstarbuck Alum Member
    71 karma

Hey, I'm in Hamilton. Message me

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited November 2020 815 karma

In this day and age, seems like a weird request to make on a public forum. I would have thought if it was such a "disaster", you would have close friends, family, and/or even peers from work/school who you would first ask to lend you their laptop/desktop. Anyhoot, best of luck and hope you get a device.

169 karma

As stated, the system check didn't give an accurate prediction for test day, so that's why I hope to find a device that has proven successful on a test day. I value privacy myself, but this is the best I could do in this urgent situation.