Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Review Incorrect Answers

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to review incorrect LR questions. LG is obvious because you can redo the question/do the five step method and redo a similar type. But I'm unsure how to tackle LR questions I've gotten incorrect. Any advice is appreciated, best.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I would recommend writing out an explanation of why you got it wrong and what incorrect assumptions you made when you answered the question.

• edited November 2020 1952 karma

are you talking about reviewing incorrect lr questions on a timed pt/section?
    if so, i recommend doing a deep analysis of why you got the question wrong and what you were thinking back then. did you miss it because of the material? were you struggling with other questions of similar question type? did you miss is because you fell for a trap? was it because of the convoluted language? subtlety? logic? unwarranted assumption? were you running out of time and was rushing through? was this an over-confidence error? did you make under-confidence errors elsewhere in the section that affected your performance on this question?

whatever the reasons are, you also should think about and write a key takeaway from what you learn from the problem. also consider keeping a journal for the questions that you get wrong, and return/try the question again after a good amount of time.

if you were talking about reviewing incorrect questions on a blind review, i think this series of lessons on br can help you: https://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/

good luck!