Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Applying? Median LSAT, Lower GPA

I took the LSAT in November and got a 162, which I'm more than happy with. My target schools all have medians in the high fifties, but my dream school is University of Washington. Their median LSAT 25-75 is 157/162/165, so I'm right on the median. In undergrad, I basically didn't consider graduate school until my last two years. My GPA suffered for that and I graduated with a 3.37. UW's GPA 25-75 is 3.46/3.69/3.81. Do you guys think it's worth it to apply if I have the median LSAT and a GPA below the 25th percentile? My softs are pretty good, but I don't think I have any reason to include an addendum explaining my GPA. Thank you in advance!!!

Comments

• Lalit LSATLalit LSAT Member
    112 karma

If your GPA is considerably higher in the final 2 years than the first 2, you can absolutely do a GPA addendum.

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

knowing just your numbers, the likelihood of getting in to a school when your gpa is below the 25th percentile and your lsat is right on the median is not too great.

i'm not sure if i agree with you that you do not have any reason to write an addendum explaining your gpa. if you're applying to your dream school especially, with 25th percentile below their median, i think you should write a gpa addendum, and explain that you struggled to find a clear academic direction until your last years which accounted for the loss in your academic performance. (or for some other reasons. but i think you should definitely write an addendum)

now, if you're asking "is it worth it to apply?" then, i'd say yes, because you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, although it is more ideal that you make your application stronger to increase your chance at uw before you apply.

good luck!

• tayjaycee17tayjaycee17 Member
    59 karma

Just do it! Believe in yourself and the rest of your application. I would def submit or even considering schools with your current LSAT score as the 60-100% percent.