Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camo Review vs Blind Review

in General 144 karma

Hey there! I am just wondering if anyone out here has tried the Camo Review method from Elemental Prep. How does it compare to blind reviewing in your opinion? Personally, I find it to be a better way to go about LR blind reviewing (and possibly reading comprehension), but I am curious if there are some drawbacks that I am missing that others have caught on to.

Comments

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    edited April 2021 252 karma

I like to use it for RC and LG to save myself some review time. I've also used it for LR to filter my answers a bit more to not need to totally go over the entire set again. I did have problems with one of the camo reviews, dont remember the one, where the answers werent aligned to 7s and so my BR score was a lot lower than my actual.

I love it - - just set the number higher to pick up more camo'd ones

plus, tbh, I prefer the lsatwizard method of flagging my confident answer choices instead of flagging my un-confident ones. That in combination with the camo helps me see / track my growth a bit more.

• lawandyodalawandyoda Live Member
    178 karma

can you guys provide an explanation/link to find out what the camo review is? first time i'm hearing of this and interested. cheers!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2021 8318 karma

https://elementalprep.com/camo/

You set a minimum # of questions to review and input your answers. It will return a list of questions to review, some of which are your wrong answers.

I think its ok. Better than not BR'ing, but not as comprehensive and conceals a lot of good data from you, particularly under-confidence errors. Also the first time I used it, I set the minimum # to the max (8), and it returned 8 sequential questions, leading me to assume (correctly) that I hadn't missed any. It could at least add in random questions, or non-sequential/based on difficulty as the camo.

IMO good intent, not great execution, but still valuable. Personally I would not use it as a substitute for BR, but if you would otherwise not BR at all, its better than nothing. You should still be following up with a in depth review of everything that gave you trouble regardless.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@"tkappen.neppak" I used CAMO Review early on [before I became part of a study group] to figure out what I needed to focus on the most (if I chose something wrong the first time on a certain question type, but fixed it on a second attempt, it was a lower priority type than if I got it wrong both times). It also helped me to recognize my strengths by giving me a report on how consistent I was with answering questions correctly a second time that I had gotten right the first time around.

In addition, I'd always review questions that I had flagged and weren't presented in CAMO Review, since my flagging indicated a level of uncertainty with my answer.

I didn't find value in Blind Review until I was able to discuss each answer choice (or at least, each flagged answer choice) with other people. My internal monologue couldn't recognize my blind spots, which I assume is the case for most people.

Also, nice flex there Daniel @canihazJD, but I don't think CAMO Review is meant for people in your league lol

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2021 8318 karma

@"Jordan Johnson" it was actually the first time I ever -0'ed an LR section. I finished Loophole and decided to try the advanced translation drill timed. 34:59... lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/grg3uj/first_0_on_an_lr_section/