Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the LSAC prep plus app new?

love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
in General 252 karma

I opened PP on chrome today, usually use firefox, and it asked if I wanted to install the app, "to get there faster." How long has THIS been available? I feel like I just sped some prep up with easier access to the library of PTs.

for any of the April testtakers, if it WAS available back then, did it screw up your test-day? did you have to use it to take the exam? I'm trying to replicate test day for June and I don't want to rely on the app v. chrome too much if I'll be testing on chrome for test day. ... not that it makes THAT much of a difference

Comments

• 273 karma

Are you talking about the app that you can install onto the desktop, where you can just click on the icon immediately to open the LawHub/PrepPlus library?

If so, I think I used the app the first time I took it, and the second time I used the website version. I didn't actually think too much of it either time, but the second time I used the website just because I was having technical issues and the proctor guided me there.

For what it's worth, I had zero problems throughout the first test experience and a lot of connectivity issues the second time around. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the app vs. website. Might also be because I took the test later the second time, or a number of other reasons that led to the connectivity issues.

Interested to hear what others' experience have been, too.

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    edited May 2021 252 karma

Yup, that's it. It's so much easier to click the button than go through the site ... but oh-yea, test day is another issue.

Thank you so much for your experience of having used the app for test day, especially that you had a better experience during that test day than when you didn't use it. Did you use firefox the 2nd test? (anecdotal, but, my computer failed the tests with the firefox plugin but passed with flying colors with the chrome plugin). It weakens my thought train that you would have had a reverse experience: with the app creating problems. So interesting to see this didn't happen for you!

I took the test before using my PC and Chrome without any issues, so I thought I might just uninstall the app 'just in case,' come test day. ... but humm, I think I might leave it alone just in case ... As I've been prepping for actual LS this fall, the online material that the school is providing talks about the 'lockdown browser' program and I initially wondered if LSAC was trying to incorporate something similar in developing the app to start testing through it. ?? (who knows / who cares realm)
    ETA: I haven't had to do any 'online' school - I graduated before covid hit. So, I don't have any experience with the whatnots that schools had to use to do digital exams / classes / etc.

• 273 karma

I don't remember what browser I used, unfortunately. It was more likely Chrome than Firefox, though. I actually meant that I had no problems using the app, which was saved to my desktop.