Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation Letters for Full Time Employees Trying to Get Into Law School

MomobeeeMomobeee Alum Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 16 karma

Hello Everyone!

I graduated grad school in 2018 and I have not been in touch with any of my professors in either undergrad or grad schools.

Most law schools I’m looking into require at least 2 letters. I have one mentor from my previous workplace who is happy to write a letter for me.

Should I get my second letter from my grad school professor or management at my current workplace? My concern for both is the ‘lukewarm’ recommendation letter from
- professor because we haven’t been in touch for so long
- management because of the thought that I want to switch industries completely so I haven’t been or am no longer invested in the projects at work

Any advice on this or how to reconnect with professors in school would be appreciated!!

Comments

• mariaye0604mariaye0604 Alum Member
    79 karma

The professional letters don't have to come from a boss. It could be from a peer you worked with and had good opinions of you. You can always contact these people and test the water first.
    You do need an academic letter. I graduated from undergrad in 2013 and still have to cough up an academic LOR.

• MomobeeeMomobeee Alum Member
    16 karma

@mariaye0604 Thank you for the advice! Could you advise on how you approached your professor from undergrad for a LOR? I’m planning to apply next year, should I start building relationships now?

• AlexJ_LSATAlexJ_LSAT Core Member
    141 karma

@mariaye0604 What school are you applying to that requires an academic LoR?