Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejected

alileresmalileresm Free Trial Member
edited May 2022 in Law School Admissions 18 karma

I officially got rejected from my top 2 choice schools (UBC and McGill) and am feeling so embarrassed and awful. I did get accepted to one school - UVIC. I’m wondering whether I should just go to UVIC or wait and reapply to UBC and McGill next year. I wanted to go to McGill specifically because of their option to do a concentration in Human Rights and International Law. I’m not seeing anything equivalent at UVIC.

I had a 170 LSAT and a 3.6 GPA on a 4.3 scale (I know, not very good). I honestly am at a loss of what I could do to improve. I don’t know if I could score higher on the LSAT. I asked for feedback from UBC and they said they didn’t have anything that could help me, and if I reapply I should do a similar personal statement.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Comments

• 45 karma

Yes, consider another school that will be happy to have you. Everything happens for a reason, you are valuable and can contribute many great attributes to any law school.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Those numbers should get you into a good school. Not sure how broadly you applied but I'd consider having someone take a look at your essays and application strategy.