Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the test like in person?

Dallin BDallin B Core Member
edited August 2022 in General 5 karma

In the explanation videos, he is always copying & pasting his gameboards. Can we do that during the test? Is our scratch "paper" just open space on the screen? He'll also write notes on the RC section's passage. I don't get how it will actually be during the test. Is it all on the computer, is it all on paper, or is the test on the computer, but the scratch paper we're given is physical?

Comments

• edited August 2022 67 karma

You are allowed to have 5 pages of scratch paper (real physical paper) during the test which you write on. The test itself is administered on a screen unless you have specifically requested a paper copy instead. There is no open space on the screen during the test. You can take a practice test on LawHub (which is connected to your LSAC account) and see exactly what the test environment is going to be like on actual test day.

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2022 163 karma

Hi @Dallin B,

The LSAT is delivered in an online, live remote-proctored format. There's no notetaking section on the actual Digital Tester, you can check the Digital Tester on LawHub for the exact interface of the Digital Tester you will be using during test day.

However, LSAC states that LSAT takers are allowed to have five blank sheets of scratch paper (lined, unlined, or graphed). LSAC does not specify which sections they can use the scratch paper for. See the screenshot below taken from LSAC's site:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.